Bsnl Dataone With Ubuntu 6.06

bhoosuran

[OP]
Aug 7, 2006
can anyone give a step by step configuration of bsnl dataone with ubuntu 6.06.thanks

ogtripleog

Regular
Regulars
Sep 11, 2004
type "sudo pppoeconf" at the command prompt... answer yes to all questions and enter ur username and password when prompted.. now u can type "pon dsl-provider" to start the connectionif u want to start the connection at startup type "sudo vi /etc/rc.local" and enter "pon dsl-provider" in it :)

krishnan

Regular
Regulars
Aug 13, 2006
I am curious here, when we dont have any dialer program for windows to connect to dataone, do we need one to connect from linux, as i said all i did was setup linux to get ip from DHCP server, the username and password are entered in the router thru its setup page at 192.168.1.1 , so why do we need to setup ppp

ogtripleog

Regular
Regulars
Sep 11, 2004
it depends.. you are using your modem in ppp mode.. therefore ur modem dials the connection for you.. if you setup it up to be in bridge mode, then you would need to manually dial the connection.. this does not depend on the os which you are using.. in windows, you would have to create a new connection using dial up networking, in linux you are doing it using rppp