Mobile phone manufacturer, Motorola has partnered with chipmaker Intel to bring a smartphone on the latest Intel Atom processors along with Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. The announcement came at the Consumer Electronics Show, which is being held at Las Vegas, USA.

The device, which has not been named yet, will be made available towards the end of this year.

CES: Motorola announces Intel powered Android phone

[h=2]MWC 2012: Follows up single core Medfield reveal last month[/h]Intel has announced a major overhaul of its Medfield smartphone processor platform here at MWC 2012, adding two new Atom chips to its line-up. The Atom Z series, which was unveiled at CES 2012, previously only featured the Z2460. That was a single-core chip based on the 32nm Penwell architecture famous for powering phones, tablets, low-cost PCs, netbooks and nettops.

Intel announces dual-core Atom for phones | News | TechRadar

Intel has launched its 3rd Generation Core processors (Ivy Bridge), based on 22nm 3-D tri-gate fabrication technology, making it the first time Intel has offered a both a new process and a new architecture in a single iteration - the ‘Tick-Plus’ or Integrated Device Manufacturing, in their regular, alternating ‘Tick-Tock’ cadence.

http://www.thinkdigit.com/Parts-Peripherals/Intel-launches-Ivy-Bridge-lineup-with-14_9374.html

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/processors/intel-ivy-bridge-what-you-need-to-know-1077240

7k is still higher compared to Karboon mobiles!Ofcourse in the end it comes down to quality/realiability.But I am yet to hear some big complaints against Karboon.

Well, Karbonn could be one among the companies which would be using those Intel chips & sell.

In India at present, Intel has a partnership with Lava. 'Lava Xolo', which features Intel's mobile chip, was launched early this year.

"The first handset with Lava that we launched was a premium one. We learnt that it was important to have a portfolio and offer choice to the user. We will not have entry-level handsets but our smartphone range will be priced upwards of Rs. 7,000," she said.

Ghosh, however, did not divulge whether the partnerships would be with homegrown or International equipment makers.

Good. Hopefully Intel can deliver good bang for the buck. With Android, all the software related issues in these phones (karbonn, micromax etc.) have been eliminated, with standardardized processors etc, the hardware performance should also be decent. The only thing they now need is better build quality.

Doesn't it bother you that the Android system requirements are constantly increasing, the minute you buy an Android device its already obsolete, this really bothers me....

Things are going the same as Desktop OS. Just get what you feel is best/works for you & dont get tempted just by numbers & anything new comes up. If I did, I would have got all hi-fi gadgets affordable by me.

I guess they'll be sticking to the x86 architecture instead of widely used ARM one and this will surely affect the number of apps available on Play Store. Let's wait and watch.

I thought the phone makers who used intel put up a 'emulation' layer/process? Take a look at the Razr i, runs all the apps it seems.

nope. chrome only recently got intel processor compatibility. it is hard to say what kind of apps are still incompatible with intel processor based devices though.