Airtel Broadband: One year of inability to solve an issue

• Thread starter Thread starter vinieux
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 9,878

vinieux

ISP
Airtel
Incompetence at its highest pinnacle from Airtel Delhi. This is the email I sent to their nodal office where I have spoken 4 times with 4 different people, and no one is any clearer than the other about the issue despite multiple mailsMy issue:1) I had the 1 MBPS unlimited plan with 100GB FUP till March 2010 paying Rs 22222) I called and asked to be changed to the 1699 plan which was what new customers were paying, while I, as an old loyal customer was paying Rs.2222. (I also asked why old customers should pay more and I was told no plan can be changed without MY CONSENT)3) Since I was upgrading, I asked for the 2 Mbps plan and was told that it was not feasible. So I settled for the 1Mbps at the revised rate of Rs 1699 4) A few months later, in end 2010 or early 2011, I got an email saying I have exceeded my FUP of 30GB and my speed was being brought down to 256Kbps. 5) I checked my plan which was 1699 with 100GB FUP and 512Kbps post the limit, so I called to complain. (the copies of my plan are attached with this mail)6) I was told I was upgraded to 2Mbps - double the speed as a benefit - but the FUP is 30GB. (So, Airtel can upgrade my plans when they wish to but earlier they told me they CANNOT change plans with my approval!)7) I spoke to a Ms Neha at Nodal and after hearing me, she assured me that I would stop receiving warning messages about my FUP and I would continue with my old plan (Interaction ID No. 190248676)8) Everything was fine for a few months. 9) In between I called to upgrade to the new plan 4GB with 75GB and I was told it would be done by next billing cycle.10) Two cycles later no change so I called again to be told that it is not feasible in my area. So when I requested upgrade it was feasible, then when I called second time it was NOT feasible11) I gave up on Airtel customer service. Not possible to make anybody understand.12) Once again in December I got the warning message about exceeding my 30GB limit. 13) I called Nodal again and spoke to a Ms Neha SURNAME_THIS_TIME (after her response I asked for her surname). She told me my previous interaction ID did not exist and I never spoke to her earlier. It must have been some other person.14) She said she would sort out my issue once and for all within 7 days and I told her I would be travelling15) Once again in January I get the warning message about FUP limit16) I write back in disgust saying I would like to close my Airtel account17) I get a wonderful mail from Mr A S saying they are closing my account and making final arrangements ( I am at least a 10 year old customer with broadband accounts in Bangalore and Delhi)18) I am now trying this last email and intend to visit your office because I don't think your left hand knows what your right hand is doing.POINTS:1) I am willing to pay more for higher speeds with higher FUP limits but YOU (AIRTEL) tell me that it is not feasible in my area2) I already get 2Mbps even though I did not ask for it and you told me in 2010 it was not feasible - but you have reduced my FUP limit to 30GB and speed to 256 Kbps when my Plan (attached) clearly says 100 GB and 512 Kbps downgrade3) There IS a new plan available at Rs 1599 (Rs.100 LESS than my current plan) with a 75 GB FUP which NOBODY has offered me to retain me as a customer. Mr A S wants to close my account.4) I am still willing to pay for the 4Mbps plan with 75 GB at as much as Rs 1899 even though your new plan offers it for Rs 1699 - but YOU tell me when I call that it is not feasible in my area (My office pays for my Internet because I do extensive office work from home)5) Mr. A S would prefer to lose me as a customer than solve my problem and give me something which is FREELY available to all new customers.SHAABAASH... to Airtel customer service. Latest development. I get a call from the retention cell (because I threatened to close my account with Airtel) with more promises and lies, this time from a Ms. K V. She assures me that my problems are over and that i will get 4MBPS (which is very much feasible in your area sir) within 3 days maximum. You are a Platinum customer sir and I am very sorry. I will personally take up your case and you will have no more problemsThis morning I get an email from Nodal stating that this plan is not feasible in my area.Of course, there is no way in hell I can contact Ms. K V unless I threaten to close the account once again. And even if I do, some other retention officer will tell me K V is not available and the whole cycle will start again.WOW! Just WOW!My numbers are - home XXXXX and in office - XXXXXX (BOTH AIRTEL NUMBERS). Regards,Vinoo Samuel (Airtel account no. XXXXXX)Extrememly unhappy loyal customer - but Airtel does not CARE

And in few weeks after the disconnection you will get 'we miss you' kinda email stating that they will erase all the previous issues and start fresh with discounts or whatever............ :iconrofl: Airtel should make politics as thr profession!

^^i am facing almost exact problem as you are................when i said i want to surrender my connection they said ok sir talk to our retention department and that shitty department says

" sir, you are accusing us of unfair practices ok fine, but its our policy changes due to which ur old plan has been changed without ur consent and old plan is now not available, so better to keep ur new plan with lower fup, ALSO WHAT IS THE GUARANTEE THAT UR NEW ISP AFTER SOMETIME WONT CHANGE UR PLAN WITHOUT UR KNOWLEDGE , SO ITS BETTER YOU STAY WITH UR CURRENT PLAN , AS ATLEAST WE GIVE YOU BEST SERVICE "😱

this is what their dumbass retention department talks to the customers these days:iomg:

This isn't best service. I am willing to pay more. There already are plans which suit me. Airtel has no idea how to give customers what they want because they have made too much money.Also, they claim they cannot change a plan without customer consent. Then they are liable in court if they are changing plans and policies behind our back.

your best option is to switch to their 150GB 2/4mbps plan.

Which is not feasible in my area according to them although I already get 2Mbps but with a 30GB cap even though on phone they insist it is a 1Mbps plan that shows in my account. But then when i tell them that the old 1Mbps account then has a 100GB limit then the story changes to how they changed my plan to double the speed but the FUP is 30GB under the new plan.

I'm telling you... They are unbelievable in their ability to be unhelpful.

i need to know one thing.....is it legally possible for airtel to change our plans without our consent???? is it written in the installation documents on which we sign while taking connection????

see. you can either go to consumer court to challenge their plan change. or switch to what they have on offer today. these are the two options. the third option is to throw airtel out of your house. switch to 2mbps 150GB plan for 1999 if you want to get on with your life. challenging them on consumer court is not going do much. airtel has the right to change your plan description after six months. of course they need to inform you in advance. there are too many technicalities. but the end result is that as a consumer you really have very few options.

For more clarity:My actual plan (I have PDF copies that they sent me) - Rs 1699 1Mbps, 100GB, 512kbps afterThe Plan I have now ("upgraded without my consent") - Rs 1699 2Mbps, 30GB, 256kbps after and this is after they told me it was not feasible in my areaThe Plan I was promised 3 days ago by Retention officer - Rs 1699 4Mbps, 75 GB, 256kbps after (Yes sir of course your area it is available. Give me 3 days.) Today I got a mail saying it is not feasible in my area.And you can NEVER talk to the same person twice. I wonder who runs their outsourced customer service. Obviously someone who has no idea about service. Imagine a restaurant where for every order a different guy comes to your table.Unbelievable.

that is what airtel is today. what can you do about it? they have f'ed up everything that was working for them. a lot of people have switched to alternative service providers. a lot of people are stuck with them (including me) because we have no decent alternative. if you want to keep on complaining about what everyone of us already know, good for you.

He is not even getting the 4mbps plan too as one person says its feasible and then other denies it.. Its really shitttyyyy!I still remember i have to travel 2-3 km just to call thr CC when they barred my landline/broadband and they only have a single answer > 'Please call after 2hrs as our system is on update' :miserable: and thr store named as 'Airtel Relationship Center', the staff guys will ignore you and point you to use the phone to make a comlplaint to CC....................

switch to 2mbps 150GB plan for 1999 if you want to get on with your life

One half of the people I talk to say it is feasible in my area. After saying yes, when I call to check why it hasn't changed I am told it is not feasible.

I've been trying to get on with my life for a year now.

airtel.in/airtelpresencesend a query here. twitter.com/airtel_presencemessage them and ask for them to call you regarding your complaint. just tell them to migrate you to the new plan that you want. follow up on that. keep bothering their team on twitter/facebook on a regular basis.

or go to thr office if its nearby....... Also wait for the bill that u will get even u made a complaint , maybe they will charge you for 4Mbps?? Sorry no fun intended but that is expected from Airtel! 😛

i need to know one thing.....is it legally possible for airtel to change our plans without our consent???? is it written in the installation documents on which we sign while taking connection????

YES

and its written on each bill as well

After 6 months they can change the plan without your consent

----------

Send them a simple mail asking for a plan change to 150GB 2mbps WITHOUT mentioning any previous history

Just try it once

----------

Oh, and NEVER trust what they tell you UNTIL AND UNLESS you have it in written