[Q] Best smartphone under Rs. 15,000?

If he's ok with Android, I guess he should extend his budget a bit and check out for Motorola Defy Plus (around 16.5k, saw on ebay) or Samsung Galaxy S (around 18k, not sure). Don't settle with any Android phone having less than 1Ghz processor for a better Android experience.

Upvote 0
18K is too much of her. She may extend the budget till 16.5K, but I doubt. What's the best deal for Defy and can you suggest some other models of Rs. 15,000 or below?

Upvote 0
Well, if she has a very strict budget, she can check out Samsung Galaxy Ace (around 13.5k) Or HTC Wildfire S (around 13k).Regarding Defy+ (an upgraded version of Defy), it's priced at Rs.17400 on Flipkart. Saw 16.5k on a deal in ebay.EDIT: Forgot to mention that Samsung Galaxy Ace has an outdated processor (ARMv6), and many applications (e.g. Firefox for Android, etc) require atleast ARMv7. ARMv6 doesn't fully support FLASH too. I would suggest to stay away from Galaxy Ace.

Upvote 0
Galaxy ace (800mhz) @ 14k. w8 for a few weeks coz the ace plus with 1ghz will be released at approx 15k
Her brother is gonna shift out of town soon, so I guess she won't wait for long.

@androidfreak: Oh, so which other model do you suggest if not Ace? I had suggested her Ace as soon as she asked me but now I guess it won't be the smartest option.

Upvote 0
Her brother is gonna shift out of town soon, so I guess she won't wait for long.

@androidfreak: Oh, so which other model do you suggest if not Ace? I had suggested her Ace as soon as she asked me but now I guess it won't be the smartest option.

Defy+ is a much better option and worth for the price. If she cannot go beyond 15k, HTC Wildfire S would be a better option.

Upvote 0
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro.

Has a 3" screen but has a full qwerty keypad. also the GPU is better than Motorola Defy(+).

I agree the GPU is better, but the screen size is a lowdown here.

Upvote 0
most of the ppl online say ace is better. coz htc's sense eats up most fo the available ram. plus bigger screen on the ace. fwiw i have a Galaxy ace. never xperienced any lag whatsoever. the cpu & gpu both r quite capable of handling everything.
galaxy ace or wildfire s - Android Forums
plus ace has a huge community support(most samsung device do) and easier to root as well.

Upvote 0
I was searching phone for same criteria.
Short list -
1. Samsung Galaxy Ace - Great screen size but low on processor and its relatively old phone and update coming soon (14K)
2. HTC Wildfire S - Slowest processor and only 256K colours. Total looser (13K)
3. LG Optimus hub - Biggest screen 3.5 Inch but 800 MHz processor (13K)
4. Motorola Fire XT - Biggest Screen 3.5 Inch, 1 GHz processor. Best if you want biggest screen under 15K. (12K).
5. Sony Ericsson Mini+ mini Pro - 1 GHz Processor, upgradable to 4.0 but only 3 inch screen (13.5-15K)
6. Sony Ericsson Live walkman - 1 Ghz Processor, upgradable to 4.0 and 3.2 Inch Screen looks like winner (14K)

Apart from this I found themobilestore.in giving discount on Sony Ericsson ray. Can I trust and buy online from that site? (14.5K) http://www.themobilestore.in/mobilestore/best-buy/store-price_shop-3_Buy-1134_/Sony_Er._Xperia_Ray_Gold.html

Upvote 0