Modem: "PPPoE" settings.

• Thread starter Thread starter shera69
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 10,623

shera69

ISP
MTNL
Can one connect to BSNL Broadband without having to enter userid and password? There is a requirement of connecting my Tata Sky HD+ settop box to the bsnl router so that I can view VoD.Please answer this as it is very important

Can one connect to BSNL Broadband without having to enter userid and password? There is a requirement of connecting my Tata Sky HD+ settop box to the bsnl router so that I can view VoD.
Please answer this as it is very important

Yeah u can my friend just configure ur adsl mdoem ...
follow these steps my friend
How to Configure BSNL Broadband Modem and Router for WiFi and WLan >> How to - Techno18: Technology Blog India

Can one connect to BSNL Broadband without having to enter userid and password?
Yes. Access your modem menu
STEP 1:
Go to Management
Settings
Backup
SAVE to a file in your Hard disk.

Step 2 :
Advanced options
select WAN line 0_35 EDIT
Next
next Un check "bridged' and select PPPoE NExt
enter your USER ID PW
apply Save Reboot.
You system should connect automatically to internet.

PARA TWO:
Mention Modem/router details Model/make/number.
Doubtful, you can access VOD of Tata Sky in Bsnl broadband connection.
I remember "YOU" ISP has given this facility till Dec 31st. on additional payment.
Feedback.

@amlan_baidya/

Set top box connected to different Port for IPTV in Dialer mode usually VPI/VCI 0 and 33.
feedback.

Yeah u can my friend just configure ur adsl mdoem ...
follow these steps my friend
How to Configure BSNL Broadband Modem and Router for WiFi and WLan >> How to - Techno18: Technology Blog India

I forgot to mention that I need to connect to the Tata Sky HD+ settop box (Model No. TDS865NTS) via ethernet cable only. Hence, my PPoE connection has to have the facility of saving the userid/password inside the modem and connect to internet just by switching on the modem.

----------

I spoke to the TATA Sky guy and he told me you need to have a static internet connection
What does that mean?

Like you can configure your modem to connect directly to the internet as soon as switched on, on WiFi, is there a way you can configure your modem to behave the same way when connected with an Ethernet cable?