• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 30,700

x720

Incoherent Poster
ISP
airtel, BSNL, MTNL
So, I'm gonna be porting my idea postpaid number to some other operator later this month. Havent decided which one yet. Anyone here who has ported their postpaid connection ? If so, i'd like to know how do I go about clearing my bills and is there anything that idea can use to reject my request as my connection is postpaid ?

Anyone ?

I dont know much about porting postpaid number, but of the information i have, i wud say that unless u have kept huge outstanding bills, they dont have any right to stop u. For that matter, even small outstandings might come into ur way. So the best approach is to clear all ur dues.....and whatever u have used by the time u apply for Porting, shud be communicated by them to u.

I ported out from Vodafone post-paid to Idea post paid two months back. While porting there was on outstanding due of Rs.140 in my Vodafone account. But they allowed me port out. After a month, they sent me Rs.360 cheque after deducting the outstanding from my deposit of Rs.500. I have not even asked / written for my refund.

Thanks for the replies guys 🙂 I guess I'll clear this month's bill and pay the next month's rental; and then apply for porting.

Title should be A few questions about (MNP) instead of MMP

Ah! thanks Admin 🙂

Ported out from reliance to Airtel. My reliance number is deactivated but airtel is not activated. What do i do? Called up reliance, they said that from their end, everything is done. Airtel customer care is even more complicated. Dont know how to reach someone who knows something about MNP

Thanks for the replies guys 🙂 I guess I'll clear this month's bill and pay the next month's rental; and then apply for porting.

you will have to clear the current outstanding bill at the time of porting. No need to pay in advance the next months rental. after the no is ported, idea will send you the bill which you can pay within the due date of that bill. In this case you will come to know the exact outstanding due coz of the pro-rata charging due to porting.

on the other hand if you pay excess amount due, there's no guarantee when idea will refund the amount and time and effort to remind them of the excess amount is not worth it.

i also had ported from idea in this manner and paid the next bill after it was generated after porting

Absolutely! And as Kramkumar also pointed out - they will deduct the due amount from ur deposit with them. SO till ur outstanding amount is within the deposit amount, u shud be porting out easily. Keep us posted on the progress now!

Thanks again everyone 🙂 I'll be porting at the end of Jan, so quite a bit of time left. Idea had taken 500 bucks as deposit, and my usage always exceeds that, so lets see how that goes. I now need to think about which operator I'm going to port to 😛

Heh, u have decided to port out & u havent decided which operator u will port to? 😛I thought u must b having a serious issue in some aspect with Idea & u have already identified the operator which doesnt lack in that aspect!

I am still stuck. The toll free number is useless. No option to connect to an operator. I think I have been ported out because when I call my number from another phone, I get the response "The airtel number you are trying to reach is temporarily out of service."Now I dont know what to do in order to get the service 🙁

Doesnt 198 connect you to an operator ? You could try visiting an arc or contacting airtel presence.@JayminI have no issues with idea whatsoever. Cc has been great, network is quite good in the areas I usually am in. But, I am bored of being with the same operator for a long time 😛 Stupid reason I know, but still. I'm looking for cheaper 3G access, so I'm leaning towards mtnl. Hard part is convincing my parents about mtnl 😛