A few questions about mobile number portability

• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 30,710
As per rules, any ported out number which is de activated later on reverts back to the quota of the ORIGINAL operator and only the original operator has the right to re issue the number.

If I remember correctly..I've read somewhere that After porting if the number is not being used for first consecutive 90 days period then only it will return to the original owner. If it is deactivated after it (say after using for a year) then current owner can retain it and re-issue.... May be I am wrong. 🙂

So, I'm gonna be porting my idea postpaid number to some other operator later this month. Havent decided which one yet. Anyone here who has ported their postpaid connection ? If so, i'd like to know how do I go about clearing my bills and is there anything that idea can use to reject my request as my connection is postpaid ?

Dear Sir,

We would request you to kindly elaborate the content of your concern and provide us with the Idea Mobile Number, alternate contact number and convenient time to speak, so that the concern can be addressed to the best of your satisfaction.

Regards,
Ideacellular

I ported prepaid idea to prepaid airtel... because idea sends 250 sms of gprs sessions in a day . and no way to stop them.

I ported prepaid idea to prepaid airtel... because idea sends 250 sms of gprs sessions in a day . and no way to stop them.

Dude! This is spamming...Seriously...there should be option for user to deactivate such balance alerts.

No option! We have to live with it! Just today i cleared around 500 odd message old thread from my inbox......filled up over a period of 2 days.

Its not like that. I keep it on. But then the phone doesnt require to transfer data 24x7. It updates few things or may be does some syncing, and then the connection is idle. Some time later again may b it checks for new emails, FB/G+/Twitter updates and again goes idle.....So everytime an app connects & disconnects, it gives a notification.

No option! We have to live with it! Just today i cleared around 500 odd message old thread from my inbox......filled up over a period of 2 days.

May be smartphones have such option to silently send those SMSs into some user folder..need to know from smartphone users.

Its not like that. I keep it on. But then the phone doesnt require to transfer data 24x7. It updates few things or may be does some syncing, and then the connection is idle. Some time later again may b it checks for new emails, FB/G+/Twitter updates and again goes idle.....

So everytime an app connects & disconnects, it gives a notification.

Correct..and our fool TRAI officials are making it mandatory for each and every data session.

It will be great help to telcos as well users to have an option to activate/deactivate such balance/uses alerts...imagine about the extra load and power consumptions a tower will have if around few 100 users are using data service concurrently. And we are just stepping into smartphone era...think if all users having smartphones with 24x7 data services.

Atleast in Android devices v have threaded view. So every communication with a particular number gets dumped into a single thread.Dont know the system in Apple and even new Nokia fones.About a customisable system of notifications, i mentioned in another thread as well....that users shuddering be allowed to chose a fixed interval of say 1/5/10 or so MB for receiving the notification.If nite user customised, then too they can have such a system by default for all. That wud make lot more sense according ti me.

Dear Sir, We request you to kindly provide us with your ten digit Idea mobile number for further course of action.Regards,Ideacellular

Is it possible to port nos in a different circle.liemcan i port a kolkata no. To a ncr no.?Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk