A few questions about mobile number portability

• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 30,715
Where is our MNP Expert amish ?? I guess he had ported some 2-3 times since MNP Launched. 😀

I remember popcorn porting his number multiple times too.

Well, Amish has been insisting that he doesnt want to come back. I have been contacting him thru PM, and he doesnt seem to change his mind. Hope he changes soon!@ x270....Convincing anyone for MTNL will be a task! 😀 U have to b lucky to get good service from them!

mtnl 3g is quite good here, hence I wanted to switch. I can live with occasional call drops. I hope they dont mess up the mnp process and I am left phone less 😛 . amish has been gone too long now. I guess, everyone would be glad to have him back 😀Also, its x720, not that it makes much of a difference. 🙂

OK. Finally got it to work. The duration between the moment my reliance network went off and airtel came on was 12 hours and that too during daytime. That's pretty lame.

But still, alls well that ends well! 😀

Yeah right.Now to solve a host of problems. 1. I need the Edge data plan. On prepaid airtel it was 2gb for 98 buck which got revised to 1 Gb for the same amount. I can not for the life of me, find out how to get this on postpaid. I do find an option for 2 GB for 198 rs, which I am not too interested in.Secondly I am looking for a good sms pack/ planThird and last, I can not forward calls from my airtel repaid number to my new ported post paid number. Is there a problem forwarding calls to numbers starting with 93?

You could ask cc to enable the 1GB plan. Packs and stuff should be there on their website or you could play around with the ussd portal and find something suitable.

Is there a USSD code for postpaid internet? I tried *567# it is for prepaid only. CC people say the minimum amount for an internet plan is 198 which i think is pretty unreasonable.
This Airtel Best Value Offers & Plan however says that there is a 99 bucks 1 GB plan too. When I send internet to 121, most of the times it fails.
Once it went through but no reply.

suppose my number is 9849024525(Airtel) Ported to vodafone. I am not using my number for some Reason and its Disconnected after 60days.Now who can Resell that number.?? Airtel or Vodafone?

Logic says Vodafone. Coz after all, the number has gone to Vodafone, so when the number is de-activated by them, then they only can sell that number!

I too think vodafone coz technically the number is theirs, and gadgetcrazy , I think posting in the airtel section will get you better answers. Cant you add packs to your number via the website ?

as far as i know, numbers always go back to original provider, if deactivated after porting

Now v posted what shud be the case logically. But our laws are known to defy logic! Thats y i clearly mentioned "Logically" at the beginning of my statement. Now v wud b required to look up the relevant laws/rules to know the actual situation.