United Voters of India

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Cool concept. Not sure if it is against the constitution!

United Voters Of India

There are two requirements for becoming a member. First, the member solemnly agrees to vote at elections, and second, the member agrees to vote for the party or candidate that the association collectively decides to support.

As an example, imagine that there are 1000 members of UVI are voters in a state assembly level election. The contestants from five political parties for that assembly seat at Anand, Gita, Chandan, Deepak, and Enakshi. The 1000 members are requested to vote their preference over the web. The members are given all the information available about the candidates and they evaluate them on the basis of how likely the candidates are to support the principles that the association stands for. Let’s imagine that 700 members actually vote in the primary, and the outcome is that Gita gets the most votes. After this, all 1000 members are informed that Gita has won the primary and therefore all 1000 of them must vote for Gita on election day. In other words, the 1000 members vote as a bloc.

bhagwad

Jan 6, 2009
There's no reason why this should be against the Constitution. People in all walks of life can unionize. Why not voters too in order to make sure our interests are represented.But it's only for Maharashtra so far...gotta wait for it to come to TN as well.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
yeap. this is a good way out to take on the political goons. but of course... it would probably not work well in a larger area. but something has to be started from somewhere!

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
I need my Voter's ID for that! :O The efficient Babus r not even making 1 damn Voter ID for me since months!

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
Here they had set up special counters that were "Working" on public holidays as well, in October. Its a different fact that hardly few such special centres were functioning. But finally i got to submit my application. They told me to check the list in December 2nd week. I called them up in December 2nd week & they say "October ki application ka registration chal raha hai. February mein aana".When i asked "Ab tak kya kiya fir? Mujhe to December kaha tha?" The female on the other end just banged the phone.

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
There's no reason why this should be against the Constitution. People in all walks of life can unionize. Why not voters too in order to make sure our interests are represented.

But it's only for Maharashtra so far...gotta wait for it to come to TN as well.

offtopic: :iomg: you made your 1st post after 3 years of joining IBF :Smoking:

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i lured him to make a post from google plus. he is for some weird reason following the forum on plus!

solariiknight

Regular
Regulars
Nov 7, 2011
Nagercoil
I may be wrong, but I think you might get rapped by the EC.. Team Anna are deciding to ask people to boycott congre$$ .. EC issued a statement telling that they keeping an eye on Team Anna. According to them, asking people to boycott a particular party is not illegal, but influencing people to vote for one particular party is illegal and against the constitution.