Aver Media Tv Tuner Card AVerTV Super 009 M733 - Composite Video Inout - Recording Prohibited Solved

mxbnet

[OP]
Jan 3, 2012
hai, this is my story.while surfing net i found some people telling unable to record Airtel DTH programs through Composite Video input to tuner card.Can Composite Video be protected ??? Answer is YES - Macrovision.In good old days VHS tapes were protected from copying.Now it is Composite Video that is protected.I was using Intex tuner card with Composite Video Input from STB ,but i was able to record all programs using ChrisTV.May be Intex is taking account protection flag.Then what are these people telling about recording prohibited ???To find out I bought a new Tv Tuner Card AVerTV Super 009 M733 Aver Media.Installed it and to my surprise ChrisTV only shows Channel 100 [ Demo Ch] of Airtel STB through Composite Input.and only demo channel can be recorded.All other channels are blanked out ....?? First thought --- Man I lost money :(So I installed AverTV that came with Tuner card and It shows all channels :) Money not wasted :)... wait tried recording ... Is tells recording prohibited ???? :(Even Tvideograbber SDK does not show channels only demo channel...So some reverse engineering required >>>>Took my tool IDA Pro [got retail version v6.1 realy good]and analysed driver files of tuner card.To my surprise I found default setting of AverMedia TV Tuner Card is to prohibit recording of Macrovison protected Video and to blank out video if we are not using AverTV to view.Finally I managed to change the default setting and now using ChrisTV and Tvideograbber to view and record videos.Aver Media Tv Tuner Card AVerTV Super 009 M733 is really a good card with no bulky tuners and also it has composite Input.Anyone facing the problem can contact me for solution. :)

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
so you disassembled it and then hex-edited it..good find and good job !

sarkar007

Regular
Regulars
Nov 26, 2009
Thane
I have been using my AverMedia AverTV Volar AX card for the last 3 years to record Tatasky programs. I have never faced any issue. I have recorded using both antenna and composite input. I record through the avertv software that comes with the card.

msgohan

Jan 6, 2012
@mxbnet: Avermedia also has cards with HDMI input that block HDCP the same way Macrovision is blocked. Are you able to "fix" those too?

talyan

Regular
Regulars
Jul 22, 2008
I am planning to buy Tuner card with HDMI input.Now this topic requires research..

varun77spot

Nov 25, 2010
Hi,
do we need an extra sound card for "AVerTV Super 009M733 WMC video" to run or will the on board sound support will work

CONF.
I5-750
GA-P55-US3L(rev. 1.1) (Realtek ALC888 codec)
asus ATI 5670 +MSI ATI 5570 (CROSSFIRE )
OCD 64GB SSD+WD GREEN 500GB

sri123123

Jan 27, 2012
hai, this is my story.
while surfing net i found some people telling unable to record Airtel DTH programs through
Composite Video input to tuner card.
Can Composite Video be protected ???
Answer is YES - Macrovision.

In good old days VHS tapes were protected from copying.Now it is Composite Video that is protected.
I was using Intex tuner card with Composite Video Input from STB ,but i was able to record all programs using ChrisTV.
May be Intex is taking account protection flag.

Then what are these people telling about recording prohibited ???

To find out I bought a new Tv Tuner Card AVerTV Super 009 M733 Aver Media.

Installed it and to my surprise ChrisTV only shows Channel 100 [ Demo Ch] of Airtel STB through Composite Input.
and only demo channel can be recorded.

All other channels are blanked out ....?? First thought --- Man I lost money :(

So I installed AverTV that came with Tuner card and It shows all channels :)
Money not wasted :)
... wait tried recording ... Is tells recording prohibited ???? :(

Even Tvideograbber SDK does not show channels only demo channel...

So some reverse engineering required >>>>
Took my tool IDA Pro [got retail version v6.1 realy good]
and analysed driver files of tuner card.

To my surprise I found default setting of AverMedia TV Tuner Card is to prohibit recording of
Macrovison protected Video and to blank out video if we are not using AverTV to view.

Finally I managed to change the default setting and
now using ChrisTV and Tvideograbber to view and record videos.

Aver Media Tv Tuner Card AVerTV Super 009 M733 is really a
good card with no bulky tuners and also it has composite Input.

Anyone facing the problem can contact me for solution. :)

Hi Friend,

I am using AvertIV Super 009 TV Tuner card, I installed all the drivers and the software which are available in the Installation CD. I also verified all the options Timeshift and recording settings everthing is configured fine. but still I am unable to record the video on compsite, can you please help me on this.