What is the minimum speed everyone must get?

• Thread starter Thread starter dragonball
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 5,766
The line speed of the vast majority of customers is in fact sufficient - many DSL users lines easily sync at 4-12mbit/s depending on the equipment the ISP has installed. A lot of the issues I'm seeing is insufficient or badly implemented caching and routing policies.
Agreed.

Beam has caching for youtube. Since its the first site users visit while watching videos. . it makes sense caching it. Always get 1.3~1.4 MBps while downloading from it.

Any other ISP does this? i've heard MTNL . .

Agreed.

Beam has caching for youtube. Since its the first site users visit while watching videos. . it makes sense caching it. Always get 1.3~1.4 MBps while downloading from it.

Any other ISP does this? i've heard MTNL . .

Don't know about MTNL, but Airtel does (but user reports suggest it doesn't work so well), and we don't BUT we connect directly to the Google CDN.

What is your ping to youtube.com on Beam?

Leave it MG, Still Guys in India are not much Developed like you to use Google CDN. Do you have a brother or some one who has knowledge like you.. Please send him to Beam's Office. 😀

Leave it MG, Still Guys in India are not much Developed like you to use Google CDN.

They should. It's almost like free bandwidth. What more could an ISP ask for?

Do you have a brother or some one who has knowledge like you.. Please send him to Beam's Office. 😀

Unfortunately I'm the only one in my family that is blessed with any form of technical skill.

Tata's not so bad.

You're definitely not on ADSL... you must live in SoBo and be on their metro ethernet network, right? (Also, yes, Tata rocks - especially for wholesale bandwidth. As I would expect from the only Tier-1 provider in India).

That IP is even better than the previous one - a low as 1ms

imgur: the simple image sharer

and we don't BUT we connect directly to the Google CDN.

nice one, u should really get a prize in covert advertisement, even better than the liquor companies.

nice one, u should really get a prize in covert advertisement, even better than the liquor companies.

OT: Now you've given me the idea to covertly advertise my favourite brand of whiskey/wine/whatever in hopes they might send me a case (it happens to people on TV sometimes) 😛

OT: Now you've given me the idea to covertly advertise my favourite brand of whiskey/wine/whatever in hopes they might send me a case (it happens to people on TV sometimes) 😛

that would be much better and rather productive. opening up a desi shop is even more easier....

that would be much better and rather productive. opening up a desi shop is even more easier....

I'm not sure I follow... maybe this is a discussion that should be taken elsewhere.

Nooooo!!! you can move to some other country and die in peace 😛 No FUP (fantasy) is all we need 😛