• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 14,801
Status
Not open for further replies.

tshrbhag

ISP
BSNL
I am trying to configure my new photon+ device with a D-Link 2750U which has a usb port and the correct interface to provide the 3g settings. I'm however unable to establish connectivity. The internet light on the modem just doesn't glow.Just wondering if these two devices are compatible at all and if dlink 2750U can handle the photon+?ThanksTushar

anyone please?

Photon + is just like a wifi lan card used with a WIFI router.
If the laptop has built in wlan card or externalpcmcia card
download application "Connectify " to make your laptop an AP
AccessPoint for other wifi devices.

Fedback please.
The external wifi routers will not work and not needed.

D-Link DSL 2750 USB PORT is not meant for inserting USB data Modem or Datacard.

There are special 3Gwifi routers , to which you can insert Photon module and have 4 desktops in lan mode and
other laptops/cellphone etc in wifi mode.
Example :TP-Link 3G/3.75G Wireless N Router TL MR3420 available for Rs 3000/=in one website Online.
check details. see last model.
TP LINK

I have just bought the same router. However, my primary intention is to use it with ADSL-MTNL, until that connection is activated, I thought I would give the USB port a try.
So, I inserted Tata Photon+ in to it. In the advance settings there is option to select primary internet connection. I set this to 3G.
In the following settings for 3G, I noticed that only D-Link 3G modem is available. I entered Tata's settings in username, password and daignum fields. It didnt work! It couldn't establish internet connection.
Upon checking D-Link's site for documentation, I found that it supports only *compatible 3G adapter*. Which is -- D-Link USB modem only!
(ftp://support.dlink.co.in/pdfs/products/DSL-2750u/DSL-2750u_ds.pdf : page 2 USB section). So, if you have Vodafone 3G activated card running out of Dlink 3G datacard modem, then it could work for you.Firmware available on Dlink site is date sometime in 2011, so, my Router is already up-to-date. :numbness:

D-Link does not support Photon .. Therefore i would advise you to go for TP-Link 3G Router. If the stock firmware does not support photon , which it should there are alternate firmware with which i had great success in both Photon+ & Photon Max.

That usb port is only meant for D-Link 3g dongle ! However you can also use it for transferring files and charging mobile gadgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.