Apple iPhone

I sent you a pm some time back, have you seen it?

After you buy it just post the Software version and baseband version like above (Bb=05.16.02os: 4.3.5) and I'll pm you the details 🙂

Hopefully somebody can help me here. I was using the personal hotspot of my iPhone to tether my Mac using Bluetooth. It was all fine till december, but since my return in January to Mumbai, the personal hotspot option no longer shows up in iPhone. I have a 6 month unlimited 3G package from MTNL in Mumbai. Very puzzled on what changed. The only reason I could think of was if the carrier got smart and stopped it, but customer service has no clue about it. Anyone else has this issue or is it just me? I have put my sim in a different iPhone, and the hotspot disappears. Don't have a problem with Vodafone, only with mtnl 3G

Have you entered APN gprsppsmum under tethering in Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network?

----------

Tried that too, though previously when it was working, I didn't have to.

You can also try using Wi-Fi...??Im not a pro on i-phone tips...but just a suggestion...Like any third party app for i-phone wifi hotspot 😕

Since the personal hotspot is not showing in iPhone, I can't see any of the tethering options, USB, bluetooth or wifi. I am not sure if this is carrier related, ie if MTNL has stopped supporting tethering.

Since the personal hotspot is not showing in iPhone, I can't see any of the tethering options, USB, bluetooth or wifi. I am not sure if this is carrier related, ie if MTNL has stopped supporting tethering.

Well..thats tricky...
This is impossible....I can tether my Symbian phone to my laptop and other peripherals.... 😕
You should check it with your Apple support...any recent updates you are unaware of ??

Thought about that too...might have updated to 5.01 but have seen no reason why it would impact only mtnl and iPhone. Like I said earlier, I can see the hotspot option if I use Vodafone.

Thought about that too...might have updated to 5.01 but have seen no reason why it would impact only mtnl and iPhone. Like I said earlier, I can see the hotspot option if I use Vodafone.

Seems like a "no way" thing to me.. 😕
1st option : See if any others in this forum face the same problem
2nd option : Google it.. 🙂

Strange indeed. The option is showing for me. You can take a complete backup and try to revert to default factory settings.