BlackBerry Playbook offer - Saholic.com not honoring their deal

nishantgandhi

ISP
Airtel
I purchased a BlackBerry Playbook 32GB today morning from Saholic.com. They had an offer pack for the tablet which has a free BlackBerry Curve 8520 included. The price mentioned was Rs 15,500 (see the attached screenshot).I jumped at the deal and bought it on my credit card. My payment went through sucessfully and the order was confirmed as displayed in the deal (see attached screenshot). It may be pertinent to mention here that BuyThePrice.com was offering the same tablet at Rs 15,500 albeit without the free Curve 8520. Also, I am getting the Playbook at offline stores for RS 15,000. However, the order confirmation mail received from Saholic did not mention the free Curve 8520. I grew suspicious and immediately sent an email to Saholic customer care (help@saholic.com) along with the screenshots.Within an hour I got a call from Saholic customer care from a guy called Suraj. He said there was a technical error in their website today and the above mentioned offer did not exist anymore. Apparently, this offer was running a few days back but at a price of Rs 31,990. At the same time BlackBerry recently slashed prices of the Playbook but Saholic did not update their deal accordingly. So it was a serious error on Saholic's part. Suraj apologized and wanted to compensate me for their mistake. He said he will discuss with his seniors and get back.At around 3 pm, I got a call from someone called Chaitanya from Saholic. He too admitted to the technical error and said they wont be able to ship the Curve 8520. So they will just be sending the Playbook. He wanted to compensate for this mistake by offering me a *measly* Rs 500 coupon on a future purchase.Of course I refused this bait. The only reason I purchased the Playbook from Saholic was because of the above offer! Moreover, Chaitanya had the audacity to tell me that if I do not accept his deal, they will simply cancel my order.Of course I got furious because this tablet was bought as a gift for someone and now this has put me in an embarassing situation. Still, I told him that I'm ready to accept the cancellation IF AND ONLY IF the amount is credited back to my card within today. In this case, atleast I can buy from some other website or a physical store at 15-15.5k (The Playbook offer is valid only till Dec 31st).Also, as an alternative, I told him to give me a cashback for Rs 500 instead of store-credit-on-future-purchase. He told me that will not be possible. Chaitanya promised to call me back by evening with a firm resolution to the problem, but that still has not happened. Can someone help me out here? I really want the Playbook at that price as it is a gift. Is there any senior official of Saholic to whom I can talk/write to? What is my respite here?

here is the deal. RIM has been offering the Blackberry at deep discounts for a long time now. The deal you opted for is an old one where they bundled a Blackberry smartphone with the Playbook for around Rs. 34-35K. Without the Curve, you could have had it for Rs. 22-23K. I can see that Saholic made a mistake by listing the older deal with the newer pricing. It is of course a technical issue. No one in their sane mind would sell the phone and the tablet for the price of the tablet itself. you can accept the reality here and continue to crib about something that Saholic is unlikely to honor because there are probably no laws that would force them to process the order. this has happened before with letsbuy where they accidentally priced a monitor for 500 bucks and a couple of guys here on the forum placed their orders just to harass them... everyone knew that letsbuy does not have the balls to admit their mistake and honor the deal. even in the usa, there are probably no laws that would force online stores to honor the deals based on technical mistakes. sometimes some stores would honor the deals for goodwill. you are fighting here for a losing cause here.

^I just want the issue to be resolved peacefully. I want the Playbook at that price (more so since it is a gift) and I'm not looking to make any noise/profit out of it. But such mistakes by reputed portal should be avoided.

Even when there are laws, most websites have an "errors and omissions" disclaimer, so the only time you can ever realistically have a go at a merchant is if you're in their store and they make such a mistake.

Well, things have taken a turn for good here. I just got a call from Saholic (Chaitanya) and he offered me a Panasonic headset (IEM I presume) as a freebie to sweeten the deal. I know in terms of value, this probably wont be too high but then it's anyday better than coupon for me. I guess my post on their Facebook wall was taken notice of. So all's well that ends well! I'm now looking forward to receiving my Playbook (my first tablet!).MODS - Please close the thread as the issue is resolved.

Of course I got furious because this tablet was bought as a gift for someone and now this has put me in an embarassing situation.

So all's well that ends well! I'm now looking forward to receiving my Playbook (my first tablet!).

Sorry to nitpick, but two of your statements are contradictory in nature!

Sorry to nitpick, but two of your statements are contradictory in nature!
The gift is for someone within the family. So the tablet will be in the house and I'll have access to it!

The gift is for someone within the family. So the tablet will be in the house and I'll have access to it!

Its like you sit in pangat and say bring some kheer for panditji 😛