Netgear DGN1000 settings MTU

• Thread starter Thread starter B.Salil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 7,945

B.Salil

ISP
BSNL
Hi all, I am new to this forum and this is my probably first post, it will be really helpful if I get the solution from here.I am going to take the BSNL BB connection within next week.Usually They(BSNL) only provides Modem as I heard but they don't have in their stock as of now and they asked me to go for Any ADSL modem to purchase from outside.As I am using Laptop so I want to buy Wifi Modem,I have limited knowledge regarding this.Please help me with that asap, Which Wireless Modem should I go for, which one is reliable within the price of 2000/- provided its of type ADSL and of wifi type.Thanks in advance,Salil

Thanks essbebe, I have checked that model through the link you have provided..Hope it will work fine and will be compatible with the connection I am going to take.I will check with local vendors for this model as well.

@Essbebe

I found Netgear DGN1000 to be the one I am actually looking for.
Shall I finally go for it, want to know the compatibility and reviews about this device.

----------@b SalilSeems working O.K . Similar old model wgr614V6, ( less modem ) which i am using is working normally for past two years. Wifi range max 30 to 40 feet approx. Actual user/s of the model may respond in this forum.

@Essbebe and SahayadriThanks for the reply and solving my query..Happy new year to both of you Cheers 🙂

Hi, I bought Netgear modem as Said, but I dunno why I am unable to open certain sites and even unable to play some games in FB..the page remains still and not getting opened any applications.The connection is BSNL-750 combo plan with 512kbps.any suggestion to make changes in the settings or anything?

NetgearDGN1000:Change the MTU value to 1430 or 1460 and try.Some have reported using even 1400.

NetgearDGN1000:
Change the MTU value to 1430 or 1460 and try.
Some have reported using even 1400.

Where to make this change, please guide.
Thanks..