• Thread starter Thread starter Topweb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,864

Topweb

Regular
ISP
Airtel
I have observed that in last 1 month or so Airtel has touched a new low.After throttling the download speeds for downloads from torrents, Airtel has now moved to limiting the download speeds for MS Windows and Office updates. Now download speed for MS updates is 70-80 kbps on a 4 mbps connection. This is not a problem related to slow downloads from Microsoft servers because download of updates using MTNL connection works without any problem.I have a PC with Windows XP and Office 7 on since last 5 hours and download of Office SP3 file of 275 MB is yet to complete.I guess Airtel believes that downloading updates on a PC and keeping it secure is a wastage of bandwidth that I have already paid for.Shame on Airtel for such low-life business practices.

could be a problem with the dns server you are using. it might be connecting to a slower microsoft server?

Works fine for me. My office has Airtel 30 Mbps line and the updates are fast.

OT: any idea how much that costs?

could be a problem with the dns server you are using. it might be connecting to a slower microsoft server?

I have tried with Google DNS as well as default Airtel DNS.

----------

Works fine for me. My office has Airtel 30 Mbps line and the updates are fast.

My office has a 2 mbps connection and a 4 mbps connection.

I can't afford 30 mbps and such speeds as of now.

I have downloaded Adobe Photoshop update without any problem at around 4 mbps speed. So it appears that Airtel is not worried about Adobe updates consuming too much of their precious bandwidth.