So, what are the good options for Android smartphones in Rs. 15-20K price range?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,132

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I know that an existing thread is going on. But this is probably a segment that is the most important for potential Android buyers. Someone asked me which smartphone to buy below Rs. 20K. His primary need is music and browsing. I need suggestions!

Samsung Galaxy R if he is going to use the stock ROM. Dual Core Tegra, 5MP Camera, 4.2" S-LCD Screen, 1GB RAM.LG Optimus 2x if he is willing to mod/install custom ROM's. Same processor 8MP Camera with 1080p recording, 512mb RAM.Is android a necessity? Nokia's Lumia 710 and Samsung Omnia W are also pretty good choices.

SE Xperia Neo V.. Due to get ICS aswell

neo V is nice phone but its internal memory is just 200mb ( user available)

----------

Galaxy R is the best option.

well yeah. i need my official google apps. microsoft might have office or whatever. for me google maps and other google apps are necessary. also IE9 might be awesome or not but it's not webkit and that means that most mobile web apps would not really work on it.

Defy would be a weird purchase considering the requirement....and you should not ignore the screwed up software support that it received lately.

Defy would be a weird purchase considering the requirement.

...and you should not ignore the screwed up software support that it received lately.
you mean no android updates?

----------

Defy dropped to 14550 @ Flipkart... Looks a decent buy at that price
defy or defy+?

Defy.. And I meant generally @ 15k - Music/browsing - Well I did not think much on that angle. Maybe a SE Live Walkman will make more sense then?

Okay! I should add one more thing here.My brother owns defy and his headsets are broken already 😀Not physically hampered or anything, but they are giving very awkward output.It's still under warranty so will get them replaced, should I contact Letsbuy or Motorola? Anyways, so yeah. Avoid Defy 🙂

Okay! I should add one more thing here.

My brother owns defy and his headsets are broken already 😀

Not physically hampered or anything, but they are giving very awkward output.

It's still under warranty so will get them replaced, should I contact Letsbuy or Motorola?

Anyways, so yeah. Avoid Defy 🙂
U must contact Motorola service center

no use contacting letsbuy .. even if you buy the same from local store they will advise to go to vendor directly unless you buy it from store like The mobile store .. in the mobile store with new mobile you can pay additional 199 and get additional one year warranty .. i feel thats great deal when you consider buying mobile worth 10k+sam .. seems you don't have much luck with android ..