My New Airtel Connection Review And Problems

ratulupadhyay

ISP
Airtel
Okay so I really wanted to join the forum just to post this here 😀Since 2005, I've been using MTNL without any grave problems other than the frequent disconnections, but that's a given with MTNL. I was using a 1mbps connection that costs 999. So two weeks back I finally shifted to airtel or craptel as it is usually referred to. I got the 4mbps 75gb limit plan. In the first week itself, almost every customer care executive had heard a lot from me already. So the problem is obvious. They're throttling torrents, shaping traffic and posing senseless restrictions.My torrent speeds - 5-6kbps. Even the guys in 50's were using google with those speeds back then. Ofcourse the pun's intended.My steam account, any online games & usual surfing - Noticeable changes, fluctuations in speeds and definitive shaping of download speeds, depending on the sites i'm on. Sometimes looking at my network meter gives me a feeling like it's like a heart-rate meter of a man who's about to die. On the other hand with MTNL, whatever site or just anything on the internet gave me a straight line locked at 1mbps.Restrictions - As of today I can't watch my favorite TV show on megavideo. Can't download things, wrong word, anything! from link-removed and duckload!All hail airtel!Now people I need your help and suggestions. The only reason I still wanna continue with it is that my pings & overall stability of the connection is great. So what are you going doing? VPN something? Any other solutions?I'm actually wondering, am I paying 1.8k per month for a 5kbps connection?

torrents usually work fine through the night. they should work fine by 11pm. it's stupid i know and very wrong. against network neutrality. but that is not a law so well... little can be done about that.

I was annoyed when getting half of the speed mainly while downloading files from file sharing sites as free user. When i got tikona or even MTNL 3G the problem was gone!

But that's the thing, I didn't pay 1.8k for downloading from torrents just at nights! It's just plain stupid. And that doesn't stop there. There's just too many restrictions on different kind of sites. Say downloading from direct links, will give you too many fluctuations ranging from 200-500kbps. It should be a rather straight line if it was on a graph, locked at 500kbps, as it was with MTNL. Craptel!

Even i was getting frequent disconnection problem with mtnl but all was changed after i got wire from pole changed by my electrician. Pole to splitter in one wire without any joint.

Good for you igloo. But I needed better speeds too. Actually the upload speeds were a lil bit better on MTNL than craptel.