• Thread starter Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,835
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sTrOnTiaBOnd

Admin plz pin this thread.This thread is about reliance users fed up with illegal blocking of filesharing sites.Fools use DMCA to take down the copyrighted material,you cant ban entire site if someone has uploaded a movie which you cant even prove it.Some one should sue reliance for blocking sites without any due process and violating free speech.

so the first post in this thread is going to be what i should do because you want me to do that?

well this was the only way i can get your attention.You have airtel broadband dislikes pinned.We need to rally and tell reliance to cease and desist from illegal blocking of websites using dubious court order whos original purpose it totally different.

----------

Blocking website in India: Reliance Communications shows it is very easy - The Times of India
". "Blocking websites at ISP level is arbitrary and illegal. According to the IT rules in India, only DIT is empowered to issue orders on blocking of a website. Not even Department of Telecom, which looks after the affairs of ISPs, can order blocking of websites without involving DIT," he said. "
"Pranesh Prakash, a senior official with Centre for Internet and Society and an expert of cyber law, said that even if the websites could be considered responsible, which would be wrong on many counts, it was illegal for Reliance Communications to block these websites. "

----------

a quote
"Reliance is no different than the British East India Company. A big monopoly trying to expand into all areas, preventing any competition, bribing politicians, breaking laws and then sucking the blood of ordinary Indians for corporate profit. In fact, I would prefer the British East India company to suck my blood. Having a foreigner suck you dry is less shameful than having one of your own do it to you. (Further comment removed... Sorry for the inconvenience. Regards - Reliance PR Department. Karlo duniya mutthi mein )"

ok here are a couple of things i had like to tell you. you send me a mail with questions. but the responses i send back bounce back because you use a temporary email id. you start a thread with typos in the thread title. your post content is usually a crappy mess of angry, frustration, tons of links... start focusing on typing correctly. present your facts and opinions in a legible manner that i can share with others through social networks etc. as for the ToI article. i just tweeted about it. the article quotes multiple sources... without linking to them. that piece should be linking to medianama website. that piece should be linking to Centre for Internet and Society. but it's toi. they are special. i do not think they are. pick better sources for your articles. sources which have a reputation for being accurate and factual.

which sites r banned other than file sharing sites??

I had very bad experience with reliance .. Worst CC, technical guy , I have ever seen.. I had applied for new reliance connection 12 days back and i am still waiting for the connection.. When you call technician he will tell that he will tell tomorrow and install. This happened 5 days continuously .. And then he stopped answering my calls.. One day he even told that he is on the way to my place along with cables and guess what he did not come 😱 .. Fed up and called CC to cancel my request and refund my deposit.. This is like worst experience. Never go with reliance

Status
Not open for further replies.