More HD channels?

• Thread starter Thread starter ind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 12,255

ind

ISP
airtel 3G
Which DTH operator has the most number of real HD channels? I am happy with the quality of HD channels on Tata Sky however few they may be, but will switching to operators with more HD channels be a better choice?

Let's define asli first.I think it should have a resolution near 2MP, ie, 1028*1980 (what my LED thinks the Star World HD on Tata Sky is). And it is really good. Sound should be 5.1, but I'm not sure if tata sky channels are so though they claim it.

@ Ind....Asli is 1920x1080......or simple 1080i (1080p is not viable at the moment it seems). Audio of 5.1 ch will be available on all these channels....remember i m not talking about DD 5.1. I m talking about plain 5.1 audio, which is available on all HD channels, across all platforms. And DD audio is available on Star HD channels, again across all platforms, but over S/PDIF cable.PS: Pls remove that signature of Galaxy Note......u can simply edit that in Tapatalk settings! 🙂

@ Ind....

Asli is 1920x1080......or simple 1080i (1080p is not viable at the moment it seems). Audio of 5.1 ch will be available on all these channels....remember i m not talking about DD 5.1. I m talking about plain 5.1 audio, which is available on all HD channels, across all platforms. And DD audio is available on Star HD channels, again across all platforms, but over S/PDIF cable.

PS: Pls remove that signature of Galaxy Note......u can simply edit that in Tapatalk settings! 🙂

I have the s/pdif, purchased it from eBay. I connected it to Samsung home theatre and it worked ok.

So i am not switching away from Tata Sky for now.

And yes, got rid of the tapatalk signature 🙂

Ah, u shudnt switch away from ur DTH for this kinda reasons! Its like u get used to some of the flaws, alongwith the features u like in it. If u change it, what will happen is, u wont like certain features of the new platform, and u will hate some of the flaws in it even more. So unless u r really frustrated, or have been cheated, u shud stick to ur platform! 🙂

Ah, u shudnt switch away from ur DTH for this kinda reasons! Its like u get used to some of the flaws, alongwith the features u like in it. If u change it, what will happen is, u wont like certain features of the new platform, and u will hate some of the flaws in it even more. So unless u r really frustrated, or have been cheated, u shud stick to ur platform! 🙂

True

Major 'HD Channels' we don't have currently in Tata Sky.- Movies Now HD- CNBC TV18 Prime HD- History TV 18- Nat Geo Wild HD - Nat Geo Adventure HD - UTV Stars HD- Colors HDI don't care about last two but the first five mentioned HD channels should be there in Tata Sky. Airtel provides all of our existing and these above mentioned channels except 'Nat Geo Wild HD' & 'Nat Geo Adventure HD'. Dish TV provides all HD channels which are mentioned above. They also broadcast 'Nat Geo Music' which they claim to be in HD but I don't think that it is.

Oops I have missed 'Ten HD' which is also major HD channel Dish TV & Airtel provides. Today morning Airtel has added both ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD thus becoming first DTH operator to have all three major sports HD channels in India and also becoming highest number of Tru HD channels which has now reached to 14. Well there are few other HD channels which I have not included due to their less popularity. - MTunes HD- Travel XP HDDish TV also provides the above two channels. But Dish TV does not provide Star Cricket HD, Star Gold HD, Star Movies HD, Star Plus HD, Star World HD & ESPN HD. So that under my personal opinion is not the ideal choice. Reliance Digital TV has one exclusive True HD music channel named “iConcerts HD” on it's package. Currently they have only 7 True HD channels which exclude Star World HD & Discovery HD. Angel TV HD, Zee TV HD, Zee Cinema HD and Zee Studio HD are not available on any of the Indian DTH services. Presently up-scaled versions of Zee TV, Zee Cinema & Zee Studio are available on Dish TV only. As Zee channels have started showing advertisement of their network's 'True HD' Channels like Zee TV HD, Zee Cinema HD & Zee Studio HD, chances of replacing these 3 up-scaled channels with True HD channels are very high on Dish TV. Please add any other HD channels or update/correct any false information if you find it.

I don't find reliance as reliable 🙂
How is the quality of these channels?

Actually i am a Tata Sky customer... and overall happy with it.

"250 HD channels" I found the information on Reliance website and wrote it more humrously/sarcastically than matter-of-factly 🙂