Vodafone to reissue mobile numbers not used for 60 days

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
at least 6 months. because you were required to recharge the phone every six months to ensure that it remained active. :)

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
why? it makes perfect sense. if you have not used a number for two months, you are not using it actively. india has a major shortage of mobile numbers. people discard prepaid numbers like anything. i myself have used so many numbers that i have lost count.

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
Below Disclaimer is showing on Vodafone Website since last 1 months. I thought it would have been discussed here.

Toocool

Addicts
Apr 2, 2007
That doesn't give them right to cancel my number so fast.... :mad: that's not acceptable........ Timeline for this should be atleast 1 year...... I paid for that number...... That belongs to me

Nishant

::IBF Addict::
Regulars
Jul 15, 2009
Ulhasnagar, MH
Right. But we also have to be ready for unknown calls. I still remember a case which happened with one of my friend who had bought a new mobile number. Several banks were continuously calling him and asking for someone else and about non-payment of bank loans/credit card payments. It was later found out that the number was actually a disconnected number allocated to him. He finally had to dump that number and take another one.Such issues will become common now.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
DND takes care of these numbers. Of course, it would be nuisance for people who wish to subscribe to some or all categories. I had a nasty interaction with an ICICI recovery agent recently. She had dialed a wrong number and I was accused of lying about my identity. Not nice. At least she called me back when she realized that she had called the wrong number. Made a mistake. Should have reported it as a spam call :p