• Thread starter Thread starter rahul10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,218

rahul10

Regular
ISP
tata photon
HI,just asking... if one connect Tata Sky + HD with a CRT TV.. what will be the picture ratio 4:3 or 16:9 ?thnkx... 🙂 happy holidays.. .!

I have my own problem with my dish tv service. I have samsung full hd 37 inch tv and also dishtv(not hd) bought about two and half years ago. Until recently i was using my local cable tv service as it was cheaper and he was providing almost 200 channels for just 170 rs at excellent picture quality. But since recently a technical issue cropped up where by the tv started receiving intermittent white snow like horizontal waves resulting in my hathway stb burnout(hathway stb was connected to my local cable tv service). Since cable guy was not attending to this problem, I had connected to my dish tv to my tv. ButI am not at all satisfied with the picture quality. THE PROBLEM IS MOST OF THE CHANNELS PIXEL FORMATION IS THERE WHENEVER THERE IS FASTER MOVEMENT SCENE IN THE PICTURE OR BRIGHT LIGHT COMES IN THE PICTURE. IS THERE ANY WAY TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME. IT IS QUITE ANNOYING TO SEE THAT KIND OF PICTURE BY SPENDING LOT OF MONEY. OR DO I NEED TO GO FOR HD SERVICE WITH MY DISH TV? I WILL BE HAPPY IF THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED WITH MY EXISTING STB. MY SIGNAL STRENGTH IS AROUND 90 AND QUALITY IS AROUND 85 TO 89.

HI,

just asking... if one connect Tata Sky + HD with a CRT TV.. what will be the picture ratio 4:3 or 16:9 ?

thnkx... 🙂

happy holidays.. .!

Wud be 4:3

Thanks @jignesh 🙂 🙂 could you pl. confirm that its 4:3 for HD channels too ? i don't wanna see the black bars !! 😀

Why pay for HD channels without an HDTV? The aspect ratio is likely to be 16:9 either way so you'll end up with black bars on a 4:3 screen.

actually i need it for recording ..... not for HD channels

actually i need it for recording ..... not for HD channels

Den go ahead with the TS + HD, In future if u upgrade to HDTV itll be a treat to watch HD :cool_2:

Den go ahead with the TS + HD, In future if u upgrade to HDTV itll be a treat to watch HD :cool_2:

thank u for the info... 🙂 me gonna hav Tata Sky + HD soon... 🙂