How to upgrade software / formware?

pratikmahajan

ISP
BSNL
Hi,What is the hot-key / process to upgrade the software/firmware of my Hathway set-top box? It seems the software upgrade was aborted, and my set top is not working (displaying channels).Thanks-Pratik

First you need to confirm your city and then the type of STB that you are using.

If you are in the Western zone, then pl ensure that the STB is correctly tuned to S21M frequency.

for further help, pl email helpline_executive@hathway.net with your card no.

I have been using hathway set top box for 2 years..and 6 months ago my stb started displaying error messages that " you are not subscribed to these channel,please contact you service provider",is it because of the software upgrade ?When i contacted my cable operator he told me to change my stb.My stb model no:Cisco Z260DVB-NMAssembly PN:4022479..Please do the needful..am living in tolichowki,hyderabad-500008

Hi,

What is the hot-key / process to upgrade the software/firmware of my Hathway set-top box?

It seems the software upgrade was aborted, and my set top is not working (displaying channels).

Thanks
-Pratik
What is the release number? Latest release number is 103.

When the status of software download is "aborted", it means, there is no software upgrade in the near future. When they are about to release a new version of the software, the status changes to "Idle".

If it shows aborted, it means your software is up to date.

If you still want to update the software manually then follow the below steps. Please make sure you don't repeat this often as software might get corrupted
1) Turn off the STB by removing the power plug.
2) Turn the STB on
3) When you see the message "Please wait Initializing" then press back button twice and press 2 4 6 5. This will start software download.

Please don't do it if your release number is already 103.

When the status of software download is "aborted", it means, there is no software upgrade in the near future. When they are about to release a new version of the software, the status changes to "Idle".

If you still want to update the software manually then follow the below steps. Please make sure you don't repeat this often as software might get corrupted
2) Turn the STB on
3) When you see the message "Please wait Initializing" then press back button twice and press 2 4 6 5. This will start software download.

This worked like a charm !! thanks for this info !

2) Turn the STB on

My other set top box directly loads to one moment please and i dont get the Please Wait Initialising screen.
My Box is Humax - ND1000C The old one with 3 buttons

In this box Please wait Initializing appears only for few seconds. Don't turn off the TV but only turn off the STB and turn it on and you will be able to see it.

In this box Please wait Initializing appears only for few seconds. Don't turn off the TV but only turn off the STB and turn it on and you will be able to see it.

cant see the screen . the stb is stuck on one moment please .
i cant seem to attach videos , so let me know the method .. i want to send you the video

are you saying STB is not turning on and it is stuck at one moment please? If yes, I guess you need to return it to your cable operator

hd box software download status has changed to idle so expect a new software very soon and noticed today all HD channels have a transparent hathway logo at bottom of the screen hopefully recording should be activated through usb in this software upgrade

i have an hathway hd setup box...
but for hd channels.. screen keeps freezing intermittently for few seconds...
i tried following above steps i.e. press back button twice and press 2 4 6 5.
but i got a blue screen and with number 2105 - 5042
when i press ok.. it says waiting for stb signal for download..
what to do .. please help...