Airtel did it again

anuj kathuria

Regular
ISP
Airtel
they never give up. do they? always up to something. activating a service by themselves and charging money. never heard about airtel talkies never sent any email/sms/call for activation of the same.

Same here,
i brought NEW airtel prepaid sim on 12thDecember only for internet usage ....
On 13th they renewed RADIO service, 20rs deducted from main balance, valid for 20days... how can they RENEW on a brand new airtel sim ?

Next day (i.e.14th) again they renewed RADIO service, deducted 5rs again......how can they activate again on 14th? They already deducted 20rs on 13th.........i did not even listen radio.... i used this sim only in my data card

Right now i have only 3rs balance, i think due to less balance they are not activating any thing, otherwise they would have renewed again on 15th/16th/17th........

well airtel has been doing this for a long time for me it happened with the caller tune with the new sim. Bought 2 new airtel sim on both of them a welcome hello tune was activated which I did not even know and later after 2 months I found that both had negative balance because of it. 1st month is free but one needs to deactivate it then otherwise they keep charging you. Contacted cc they kept saying it your fault end of story.

Almost all telecom players chrun/reuse the inactive prepaid numbers.The previous user of the number might have activated it ....and the VAS (Value added services) team may be conveniently ignoring that its a new user now ....and still charging the new user 🙂Just a guess ...or it may genuinely be wrong doing on Airtel's part.

Sealed pack does not mean that the number was not used earlier by someone ...Telecom companies just map the mobile number to new sim number 🙂

They keep activating hello tune on my land line i got it deactivated it was again activated next month

Hmmm...so someone may has used this number before, i purchased this sim for 6rs, got 30rs main balance....

tweeting them with exact details..... they are refunding in 72 hours of tweeting

I guess only Idea has less critics.

Idea is also a badmash company.
I bought an idea prepaid simcard only to make few isd calls as it was not activated on my postpaid number.
Within a month, i was automatically subscribed to something called "College funda" and Rs. 10 gone..
When Ind-Aus test started on 26th, then my number was suddenly subscribed to some cricket alerts.

Idea's customer care in spoke in very rude manner. They told me that I "MUST" have dialed some USSD code. I asked him to tell me what exactly i dialed.. He kept repeating USSD.. USSD.. and never beyond that. He refused the refund flatly.

I then connected them again and this time I really scr** them by being aggressive and demanding the refund. I reminded them that their salary comes from such haram ka paisa. I said I can go to any level even for Rs. 20. Then the call was transferred to a superviser. She then apologised multiple times and agreed to refund the amount by registering two complaints.

So friends, this is how it works.
I have experienced similar things on Idea, Airtel, Vodafone, Tata docomo. They all do it.