Airtel did it again

anuj kathuria

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 31, 2009
New Delhi
they never give up. do they? always up to something. activating a service by themselves and charging money. never heard about airtel talkies never sent any email/sms/call for activation of the same.

brahmi

Regular
Regulars
Jan 26, 2011
Telangana
Same here,
i brought NEW airtel prepaid sim on 12thDecember only for internet usage ....
On 13th they renewed RADIO service, 20rs deducted from main balance, valid for 20days... how can they RENEW on a brand new airtel sim ?

Next day (i.e.14th) again they renewed RADIO service, deducted 5rs again......how can they activate again on 14th? They already deducted 20rs on 13th.........i did not even listen radio.... i used this sim only in my data card

Right now i have only 3rs balance, i think due to less balance they are not activating any thing, otherwise they would have renewed again on 15th/16th/17th........

anant.del

Addicts
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
well airtel has been doing this for a long time for me it happened with the caller tune with the new sim. Bought 2 new airtel sim on both of them a welcome hello tune was activated which I did not even know and later after 2 months I found that both had negative balance because of it. 1st month is free but one needs to deactivate it then otherwise they keep charging you. Contacted cc they kept saying it your fault end of story.

soodgautam

Jolly Blunt Roadrunner
Regulars
Feb 11, 2011
Almost all telecom players chrun/reuse the inactive prepaid numbers.The previous user of the number might have activated it ....and the VAS (Value added services) team may be conveniently ignoring that its a new user now ....and still charging the new user :)Just a guess ...or it may genuinely be wrong doing on Airtel's part.

soodgautam

Jolly Blunt Roadrunner
Regulars
Feb 11, 2011
Sealed pack does not mean that the number was not used earlier by someone ...Telecom companies just map the mobile number to new sim number :)

xyx2000

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 21, 2005
They keep activating hello tune on my land line i got it deactivated it was again activated next month

brahmi

Regular
Regulars
Jan 26, 2011
Telangana
Hmmm...so someone may has used this number before, i purchased this sim for 6rs, got 30rs main balance....