• Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 9,621
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddycool

Regular
ISP
MTNL
I have just completed porting 2 numbers from Idea to Docomo in the Mumbai circle. I live in Pune. I had some questions about FRC and am getting conflicting replies from their customer care.I was told that I have to compulsorily use a FRC after porting is completed. The default rate I am getting is 1 ps/sec. However, if I use the FRC, the rate will jump to 1.2 ps/sec. If I am able to topup with talk time, can I avoid using the FRC altogether? The CC guys just have this info that it is compulsory to use FRC. They do not know what will happen if I just topup but they say it is possible to do so. 2 CCs can't agree if I can directly use a special rate cutter recharge without first doing FRC.I cannot do a FRC online as it is not even listed in the online recharge. They say I must do it at a gallery. 2 CCs can't agree whether I can do a FRC in Pune when I am using a Mumbai SIM.I am looking for information from recent docomo customers what happens if I do not do a recommended FRC.1. Can I do a FRC in Pune?2. If I never do a FRC what are the repercussions on talk time topups and special recharges?

Dear Customer,
We'd recommend you to have a chat regarding this issue with our (24/7) live chat support team,they'll be able to clarify it asap - Tata DOCOMO Chat

Dear Customer,
We'd recommend you to have a chat regarding this issue with our (24/7) live chat support team,they'll be able to clarify it asap - Tata DOCOMO Chat
Thank you for your suggestion. If you read my post carefully, you will observe that I have mentioned "2 CC can't agree" a couple of times. Perhaps I ought to have made it clear that the 2 CCs I am referring to were on Docomo chat.
The first person I chatted with said I can do a topup even without doing the FRC. He even said I could do a special recharge. He said the company cannot guarantee the effect of rates if I haven't done the FRC. Finally, when I tld him I am in Pune he told me I can do FRC at a gallery in Pune too.
The second person I chatted with was clear about only one thing. I have to do an FRC before I do anything. I will not be able to do any online topup/recharge for 7 days. This despite my telling him I have already topped up on day 1. He was also clear that I can do a FRC only at a gallery in Mumbai.
Why don't you clarify?

I think you may ignore the FRC if everything is working fine. FRC is nothing but " First Recharge Coupon ". FRC are usually activation codes for various schemes. And Its not necessary to FRC in Mumbai only. If you are having DoCoMo network in Pune, You may ask someone to recharge your Mumbai Number using E-Recharge only. Also many companies keep FRC recharge and their Recharge shortcode different than usual recharge. So you have to keep that in Mind.

^ I am aware what a FRC is. The strange thing is the call rate is 1 ps/sec by default but increases by 20% with FRC. The explanation given is that TRAI has made it mandatory to have 1.2 ps/sec as the base rate. (I thought TRAI was meant to safeguard the customer 🙁 )If that is really the case, then maybe Tata Docomo cannot openly say that the FRC is not essential. I intend to continue using it with topups for the time being.I don't know what you mean by e-recharge. If you mean online recharge then I have already mentioned that the option is not offered for those denominations.

E-recharge means Balance transfer from Retailer Sim to Customer Sim .

Status
Not open for further replies.