• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 7,154

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Few weeks back I had complained here about poor customer service by TATA DOCOMO. But my favourite operator Vodafone has turned out the worst.
Yesterday I wanted to activate Rs 99 - 100 MB 3G plan on my Vodafone prepaid. I sent "Act MI100" sms. But I got replay as "RESPONSE_STATUS:1007: MI100 is already active on your Vodafone prepaid". I was surprised, but thought if its active, I would try to deactivate it first, so I sent "Can MI100". I got reply as my request received and status will sent shortly (But I didnt get any update for 2 days now). So I called CC.
First CC girl was totally clueless about 3G, and told me to visit Vodafone store. I again called CC, this time he said that deactivation message was received in their system, and in 3-4 hours my first 3G pack will deactivate, then I can again activate.
I also tried method which our Vodafone bot suggests about complaint form online. After giving complaint online, I got call in 1 hour, but the person said same thing, that my 3G pack will get deactivated, then I can activate 3G pack again.
Today morning I again called CC on direct number for 3G services. But the girl was again clueless saying that I dont have any data plan active, and told me to try *111# (which I had tried already) to check my active data plan. And *111# menu also replied that I dont have any data plan.
But still I am not able to activate 3G plan for MI100 by Rs 99.

I am not sure if Vodafone backend system has gone bad about my 3G data plan status, but their CC are totally clueless, and completely helpless for my issue.

@VodafoneIndia please dont give your nonsense reply

Did you type "ACT MI100" or "ACT MI102"? The latter is correct.

Did you type "ACT MI100" or "ACT MI102"? The latter is correct.
For my circle its ACT MI100.

@VodafoneIndia, if my 3G is active, why is money getting deducted from my account. I tried just now by browsing Facebook mobile page on my mobile browser, and Rs 0.90 ogt deducted from my prepaid account!

^^^Thanks for the number, but since time you posted, I am trying to call, and its constantly busy!!!

Right SVK, I am also trying since 3:30pm, but just ringing nobody picked up. (+91-20-71716000)(Don't Try on +91-20-71717171)I m facing plan changing issue. --> VF Police 100 to VF Police 100 NEW.

@VodafoneIndia Thanks for your kind effort. But after 3 days of being offline due to non-availability of 3G on my Vodafone, and no help from any of your CC, I have activated 3G on my Tata Docomo sim. You can relax now, as I won't bother you again.

I faced the same problem with vodafone customer care. I have been sending ACT 3G to 111 and 144 for past one month for 3G pay as you go, but it always replies back: "You have already requested. Your application is pending". For past 3 days, I have been calling customer care. First two days they promised me that they have forwarded my case to their supervisor and in 4 hours 3G will be activated. But no sms for activation.

On the 3rd day, they forwarded to technical dept and the guy tried to make me re-insert the sim, etc. But to no avail. Finally I rang up customer care again, and the guy agreed that 3G was not activated on my phone but kept trying to tell me to set my phone to manual and select airtel 3G as they have tie up with airtel (I'm at Bangalore)!

Anyways, I thought that perhaps 3G pay as you go (10p/10KB) may not be available in Bangalore, so I asked the guy yesterday to activate the 7 day data pack (Rs 45) for me. He said it'll be done in an hour. Nothing. Finally after 5 hours, I got a message that my data pack could not be activated as I do not have sufficient balance. But I have Rs 670/- balance in my phone!!!

Vodaphone CC is quite hopeless. I have given up trying to talk to them.

I will go back to my BSNL 3G. Even though connectivity is poor in my area, at least it works and it is cheaper also (4p/10KB pay as you go). The only problem with BSNL sim is that phone goes into invalid sim mode and needs to be rebooted. I tried this on other phones also, and same problem. Another friend who has a BSNL sim in Bangalore says BSNL sims have this same problem.

@VodafoneIndia Thanks for your kind effort. But after 3 days of being offline due to non-availability of 3G on my Vodafone, and no help from any of your CC, I have activated 3G on my Tata Docomo sim. You can relax now, as I won't bother you again.

It is ridiculous that you have to waste your time going to a Vodafone Store. Anyways, as vodafoneIndia suggested, I have complained online as follows (only 300 characters allowed):"Sent ACT 3G to 144 and 111 to activate Pay As You Go 3G but return sms says You have already requested. Your application is pending. I called CC many times, but they did not help. Tried to activate Rs 45 3G 7day plan I got msg not enough balance, but I had Rs 650. Pl activate Pay As You Go 3G."I'll keep the forum posted if they do / do not take any action.-Aditya.

No response from vodafone after my online complaint (at site given by vodafoneindia on this forum!) as in my previous post. Instead this morning I received an sms from vodafone VX-611112 saying "Hello, We have noticed that you have not used your Vodafone number in the last 90 days. Recharge or use now to retain your number and avoid disconnection." But I last recharged on 28th May and have been using my balance for many voice calls per day! Is this a mistake or harrassment!!

Finally, after avoiding for a month, I had to waste an hour at the vodafone store. Fortunately these people were more helpful as mentioned by abchopra2010. They checked that I had indeed made many calls and recharged many times within past 90 days. Mr Naveen Kumar, the manager of the vodafone store at Cunningham Road, Bangalore assured me that he will remove my number from the debarring database by coordinating with back-end people. And he said he will send me an email confirming the same too.

As for 3G, Mr Naveen Kumar said that pay as you go cannot be activated directly. If I take a data plan, 3G pay as you go will remain valid even when the data plan validity expires. However, other store agent said, plan will swtich to 2G immediately when 3G validity expires, and another agent said it will remain on pay as you go as long as you use it but will switch to 2G if you don't use for 7-10 days after 3G plan expiry!! So even store people are not clear about it, forget about customer care who are out-sourced!!

Anyways, finally I have taken a 7 day Rs 40 3G data plan which got activated in 2-3 hours (no sms, you have to check by *111*6# ) and 3G is working. Will post if 3G remains valid after plan's expiry after 7 days.

Moral of the story: Be prepared to spend extra time going and waiting it out at the Vodafone Store if you want anything done!

PS: Mr Naveen Kumar, manager of the Vodafone Store told me that no 3G data plan can be activated by customer care. Only value added services can be activated over phone. Then why did the customer care person Mr B Manjunath, on 31st May 2012 interaction id:334304108, tell me that he will recharge from his end, and money will be deducted from my balance! Indeed, at the vodafone store, I checked that Mr Manjunath has NOT written in his interaction summary that he will recharge from his end, only that he has instructed me how to check my 3G activation and balance!!! Nice con job!

I request vodafoneindia to go through the audio of the interaction id as given above and verify the same. This seems to be generic ploy of CC people to promise the moon, but write something altogether different in their summary!! We have no way of verifying what has actually been done! **I suggest that all customers should get an sms of the interaction summary that the CC people write along with the interaction id for reference.**

It is ridiculous that you have to waste your time going to a Vodafone Store. Anyways, as vodafoneIndia suggested, I have complained online as follows (only 300 characters allowed):
"Sent ACT 3G to 144 and 111 to activate Pay As You Go 3G but return sms says You have already requested. Your application is pending. I called CC many times, but they did not help. Tried to activate Rs 45 3G 7day plan I got msg not enough balance, but I had Rs 650. Pl activate Pay As You Go 3G."
I'll keep the forum posted if they do / do not take any action.
-Aditya.

This problem is not just with vodafone, but with almost every provider. Same case with my Idea and Airtel sim

Mr Naveen Kumar, manager of Vodafone Store at Cunningham Road, Bangalore did not mail me despite his promises.

No apology from Vodafone for unnecessary harassing sms saying my connection will be disconnected for no fault of mine!

Finally, I confirm that 3G converts to 2G immediately once the 3G plan validity ends! My 7day Rs 40 3G plan ended at 12AM today. Now I can only connect via 2G EDGE. No pay as you go 3G!

No response from vodafone after my online complaint (at site given by vodafoneindia on this forum!) as in my previous post. Instead this morning I received an sms from vodafone VX-611112 saying "Hello, We have noticed that you have not used your Vodafone number in the last 90 days. Recharge or use now to retain your number and avoid disconnection." But I last recharged on 28th May and have been using my balance for many voice calls per day! Is this a mistake or harrassment!!

Finally, after avoiding for a month, I had to waste an hour at the vodafone store. Fortunately these people were more helpful as mentioned by abchopra2010. They checked that I had indeed made many calls and recharged many times within past 90 days. Mr Naveen Kumar, the manager of the vodafone store at Cunningham Road, Bangalore assured me that he will remove my number from the debarring database by coordinating with back-end people. And he said he will send me an email confirming the same too.

As for 3G, Mr Naveen Kumar said that pay as you go cannot be activated directly. If I take a data plan, 3G pay as you go will remain valid even when the data plan validity expires. However, other store agent said, plan will swtich to 2G immediately when 3G validity expires, and another agent said it will remain on pay as you go as long as you use it but will switch to 2G if you don't use for 7-10 days after 3G plan expiry!! So even store people are not clear about it, forget about customer care who are out-sourced!!

Anyways, finally I have taken a 7 day Rs 40 3G data plan which got activated in 2-3 hours (no sms, you have to check by *111*6# ) and 3G is working. Will post if 3G remains valid after plan's expiry after 7 days.

Moral of the story: Be prepared to spend extra time going and waiting it out at the Vodafone Store if you want anything done!

PS: Mr Naveen Kumar, manager of the Vodafone Store told me that no 3G data plan can be activated by customer care. Only value added services can be activated over phone. Then why did the customer care person Mr B Manjunath, on 31st May 2012 interaction id:334304108, tell me that he will recharge from his end, and money will be deducted from my balance! Indeed, at the vodafone store, I checked that Mr Manjunath has NOT written in his interaction summary that he will recharge from his end, only that he has instructed me how to check my 3G activation and balance!!! Nice con job!

I request vodafoneindia to go through the audio of the interaction id as given above and verify the same. This seems to be generic ploy of CC people to promise the moon, but write something altogether different in their summary!! We have no way of verifying what has actually been done! **I suggest that all customers should get an sms of the interaction summary that the CC people write along with the interaction id for reference.**