• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 39,791

audioslave

What?
ISP
Beam 24Hours
Here's a Sneak Peek of Interview with MD of Beam Fiber.What are the expansion plans of your company, in terms of other cities and other parts of the State and the country?We are seriously looking at expansion into metros like Delhi and Mumbai, and emerging cities like Surat, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Baroda and parts of Andhra Pradesh over the next 18 to 24 months. We are a profit-making company and backed by a PE player. So funding is not a problem for us.
:Boy Yahoo::Boy Yahoo::Boy Yahoo:From Ethernet network, where do you foresee Beam moving on? Wireless? How many connections are there in the city?We have 1,70,000 connections in the city now. Currently, we are on FTTB technological solution in the brown field areas. In the green field, we are going Fibre to the Home (FTTH). Our key focus is to take fibre to home even in the bro*wn field areas. From the building, it is copper. Even in brown field areas, we will be FTTH. The backbone we put in place is capable of 100 Mbps a home and that would be optimized in the future. We will be replacing the FTTB to FTTH and building a one giga bit pipeline.
Does Beam want to stay only in the internet broadband business or expand to regular telecom – basic and cellular phones? Do you have any plans to enter wireless broadband?We have chosen FTTH as one of the main pillars of technology to service the large broadband means of consumers. The broadband needs of the country could not be serviced by one single medium. The future is FTTH and wireless in the air.
What is your success mantra amid the cut-throat competition from very large players?One is the choice of technology. That gave us the edge and flexibility of delivering very high bandwidth at the click of button. Delivering the future needs of the customer today at an affordable price is our success mantra.
In 2009 May, India Value Fund, through one of its arms, ACT TV (Atria Convergence Technologies) TV, made strategic investment in our company. By then in terms of capabilities, we developed Fibre to the Building (FTTB) solution. We created a good team of people. The organization structure was in place. With the infusion of money and management support from ACT TV, we have seen almost six-fold growth in the last two and a half years.
Wanna deliver gigabit magic to million customers : POSTNOON – First Compact Afternoon Newspaper of Hyderabad

Good. Hopefully they can come to Delhi soon.

Hopefully in coming months to thrash Douchebag Airtel.Beam Unlike our Hayai broadband who is finding ways to launch from 2 years.

Hopefully in coming months to thrash Douchebag Airtel.
Beam Unlike our Hayai broadband who is finding ways to launch from 2 years.

Hi big difference between beam and the other one u named .. beam is a well known ISP down south by now and dont seem to talk big and criticize all other ISPs .. rather they seem to be going about their job quitely which shows they are professional .. so really no comparison between beam and any other wannabes ...

Beam is going to start its services in bangalore. Technical staff told me that their company sending some of them from hyderabad to bangalore for fibre work,etc. instead of appointing new staff there.

FTTB and FTTH is gonna be a costly affair..iam not surrendering my DSL connection till they can guarantee underground cables..otherwise reliability will always be a problem

Hi big difference between beam and the other one u named .. beam is a well known ISP down south by now and dont seem to talk big and criticize all other ISPs .. rather they seem to be going about their job quitely which shows they are professional .. so really no comparison between beam and any other wannabes ...
+1. I feel stupid for comparing some unknown broadband which is still very busy and Facing Difficulties developing their website and Cleaning their kattara Office. FML

Beam is going to start its services in bangalore. Technical staff told me that their company sending some of them from hyderabad to bangalore for fibre work,etc. instead of appointing new staff there.
No way.. ACT Broadband is already there in Bangalore which is their sister company!

FTTB and FTTH is gonna be a costly affair..iam not surrendering my DSL connection till they can guarantee underground cables..otherwise reliability will always be a problem
FTTB .. No way? FTTH you have to buy modem but FTTB needs nothing(Incase of plain broadband, not Triple play).

FTTB .. No way? FTTH you have to buy modem but FTTB needs nothing(Incase of plain broadband, not Triple play).

I am not talking from the customer's perspective but from the company's view-point..digging roads and laying OFC is not exactly a cheap affair so even if beam should reach delhi in 2 yrs, it will be available only in limited areas with high density.

Cables flying from tree-tops, hanging from poles, hubs that are precariously perched on a wooden pole are not my cup of tea.

Not sure if Beam has laid any underground cables.. they have always depended on Electric poles.. atleast in Hyderabad...

I am not talking from the customer's perspective but from the company's view-point..digging roads and laying OFC is not exactly a cheap affair so even if beam should reach delhi in 2 yrs, it will be available only in limited areas with high density.

Cables flying from tree-tops, hanging from poles, hubs that are precariously perched on a wooden pole are not my cup of tea.
I can't Tell you accurately about Laying OFC underground in Delhi, Heard they have decided to do that in Hyderabad. I have Personally asked the MD to do that in order to give good Uptime.

Not sure if Beam has laid any underground cables.. they have always depended on Electric poles.. atleast in Hyderabad...
It's a Costly affair. Unless and until they Have Good customer base like 2,50,000+. You can't expect Them to lay OFC.
still 1+ yrs away so no point thinking(dreaming) about it!!!! :/
Yet. Faster than Hayai. Let them upgrade to FTTH. We will be having up to 1gbit/s. They are still small players when compared to biggies.

Thats really nice...!!...but what about tier 2 cities...!! 😕Why every operator moves to only Metros...!!...They can make some bucks in some tier 2 cities as well....!!so not fair...!! Still stuck at BSNL...!!And Bangalore..Yes..the expansion was to happen in Diwali itself...!!Bangalore was the prime implicant for Beam after AP....!!

And Bangalore..Yes..the expansion was to happen in Diwali itself...!!
Bangalore was the prime implicant for Beam after AP....!!

AFAIK, Act broadband is present its a sister company of beam. Why would beam launch again there?

Ow..i din know that ACT had some 'rishta' with beam...thats new...!!Actually i had a friend working with BEAM...who got some intel. that BEAM was supposed to cover the entire south region and gain some demand for the north region and then come into play...!! 🙂Thanks for the info. 🙂..if you'l excuse me i've got a friend to dump...!! 🙂