Wireless Network Sharing with Mobile

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,323
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
I have a ZTE MF691 (T-Mobile webconnect Rocket 2.0) 21 Mbps USB Dongle and I use it to connect to the internet.I want to share the network over WiFi with two android devices, is that possible?

I have a ZTE MF691 (T-Mobile webconnect Rocket 2.0) 21 Mbps USB Dongle and I use it to connect to the internet.

I want to share the network over WiFi with two android devices, is that possible?

You will have to get a 3G Wifi router which supports your USB dongle. Something like D-Link 3G Wi-Fi Router. You may check with its customer care whether this device supports your USB dongle.

Yea...its pretty much possible...!! 🙂Just get the MAC address of your mobiles...!!..Use a Wi-Fi Router configured with a WPA2/PSK encoded key to secure it...so that only your 2 android devices and the one which is enabling the router can use it...!!You might wanna get your router first..Put some screenshots..then it will be more simple...!!

Ahh...No... Not this screenshot...i meant the 3G router/its domain page...!!OK..you can also use it on ad-hoc network....!!Can your mobile create a ad-hoc network...??....Because you can use it in vice a versa pattern...!!I have a Nokia C7....from which i can access my internet/share files/everything...!!But the security implies same to both...except for MAC address...!!Because to make it more secure...you have to use a WPA2/PSK encrypted key.....!! 🙂

I used Connectify Pro version to make my computer a hotspot.It successfully created a connection, but net on my computer stopped working.My phone also was able to discover the network and it connected successfully.I was not able to browse on phone or do anything though 😕

Ad-hoc connection works only for laptops i.e you can use one laptop WiFi to use internet on other laptops using ad-hoc connection. Most of the Mobile doesn't identify Ad-hoc connections.