Wireless Network Sharing with Mobile

Samuel

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
I have a ZTE MF691 (T-Mobile webconnect Rocket 2.0) 21 Mbps USB Dongle and I use it to connect to the internet.I want to share the network over WiFi with two android devices, is that possible?

Nishant

::IBF Addict::
Regulars
Jul 15, 2009
Ulhasnagar, MH
I have a ZTE MF691 (T-Mobile webconnect Rocket 2.0) 21 Mbps USB Dongle and I use it to connect to the internet.

I want to share the network over WiFi with two android devices, is that possible?

You will have to get a 3G Wifi router which supports your USB dongle. Something like D-Link 3G Wi-Fi Router. You may check with its customer care whether this device supports your USB dongle.

volcano619

Prononimous
Regulars
Yea...its pretty much possible...!! :)Just get the MAC address of your mobiles...!!..Use a Wi-Fi Router configured with a WPA2/PSK encoded key to secure it...so that only your 2 android devices and the one which is enabling the router can use it...!!You might wanna get your router first..Put some screenshots..then it will be more simple...!!

Samuel

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
It's just my Laptop and this dongle.

I tried to create an ad hoc network.

My phone detects it and shows out of range :confused:

volcano619

Prononimous
Regulars
Ahh...No... Not this screenshot...i meant the 3G router/its domain page...!!OK..you can also use it on ad-hoc network....!!Can your mobile create a ad-hoc network...??....Because you can use it in vice a versa pattern...!!I have a nokia C7....from which i can access my internet/share files/everything...!!But the security implies same to both...except for MAC address...!!Because to make it more secure...you have to use a WPA2/PSK encrypted key.....!! :)

Samuel

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
I used Connectify Pro version to make my computer a hotspot.It successfully created a connection, but net on my computer stopped working.My phone also was able to discover the network and it connected successfully.I was not able to browse on phone or do anything though :confused:

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
Ad-hoc connection works only for laptops i.e you can use one laptop WiFi to use internet on other laptops using ad-hoc connection. Most of the Mobile doesn't identify Ad-hoc connections.