ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Few options we are considering...

Taking a self owned Alto
Taking a self owned Nano
Hiring an SUV

Questions.

Would Nano be powerful enough to carry three passengers to Katra and possibly Patnitop? Friend is not so sure and wants to take Alto. I want to go in a Nano...
Any company in Delhi NCR that rents out SUV for self drive journeys? Possible rent for a good SUV?

----------

More Qs.

What kind of weather can we expect in Katra during the new year period? Snowfall? I have never been in snowfall before. How do you drive in snow using regular cars with regular tires? 😀

Note sure about Katra in particular, but in general, ride in an SUV and an Alto/Nano are two completely different experiences. Bigger vehicles of course feel safe 🙂 However, both the Nano and the Alto are pretty good in hilly areas and can comfortably pull 4 normal sized people uphill. Of course the driver needs to have some experience driving (in general), as its a hilltop at the end of the day.

so we can indeed take the nano right to katra with no problems right? friend says that it would not be able to carry three passengers. and i am like are you kidding me? renting an SUV looks like an interesting option. trip would be over in 2-3 days so overall cost would not be much i guess.

Although there is no problem taking the nano but I would still recommend not taking that small car. As you are three mates, you would feel lack of spaceand it is not recommended in long journey. The best bet would be yo take alto as its a maruti car(no problem if it breaks in the middle of journet), reliable, powerful and spacious enough to carry three people. For your other question, I dont have much idea but I have heard that self renting SUV is very expensive and can range from 5000-6000 rs per day 😛

lack of space in nano? are you freaking kidding me? 😀

nano is a freaking mini suv when it comes to cabin space. alto does not even come near!

----------

hmm. i need to call my cousin and ask if i can borrow his innova in that case 😀

The Nano can indeed pull 4 'normal' people like I said. If there are heavy people, both the Nano and Alto are better avoided. My suggestion would be if you can get a reasonable deal for an SUV, go for it. Did you check out Hertz or Rent A Car?

----------

Although there is no problem taking the nano but I would still recommend not taking that small car. As you are three mates, you would feel lack of space
and it is not recommended in long journey.
It's a Tata. Space is the last thing you would need to worry about. It is more spacious than the Alto.

righto. all would depend upon the rent for the SUV. if it turns out to be too expensive, self car it is. i can take my linea. but the ground clearance is always an issue. plus it's a sluggish diesel. does well on highways sucks on hills.

Hertz India 1-800-654-3131

----------

CarzOnRent (the guys who run EasyCabs) 91 - 11 - 41841212

argh. both requires me to call in. no details on website. 😕 thanks though 😀

diesel vehicle sluggish on hills 😕 that too a turbo charged one? ..now this is news to me..diesel vehicles are excellent pullers..ever seen a petrol engine powered truck?Nano/Alto on highway and hills? you guys gotta be kidding me, freaking 33 and 47 Bhp..if u have only these vehicles then its a different story..otherwise please avoid.

heh. you do know that linea has the same engine that powers the indicas and swifts and ritz. and it is a much heavier car? the end result is a very sluggish vehicle in traffic and hills. 🙂 i have been to parwanoo in my linea. it was not a joyride. 🙂

1.3 litre with 93 Bhp and ~ 20 Kgm on tap.. not exactly a road scorcher but not sluggish either..have u got your turbocharger checked? you do know that to generate max power and torque the vehicle has to be kept in the rev-range where the turbo kicks in?

well i am a pretty laid back driver. 🙂 i am not designed to drive on hilly roads. we are considering taking a suv with a driver. self driven options are turning out to be impractical.

correct decision..better to avoid unnecessary risks..when u know the vehicle is underpowered and not as safe as a larger vehicle