• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,602

priyankp

ISP
Hathway
hello friends!

Forget 3G. it is very expensive.

Let us ask telecom companies to give better 2G first..

I have started an online petition for telecom companies in India to give better 2G speeds (under 2G recharge)

It is to improve internet 2G plans speeds in India which are currently being capped by telecom companies when it latches to 3G network.

Right now they cap the speed to 70 Kbps or 128 Kbps. BUT they should be giving at least 296 Kbps speeds. Because 2G means 296 Kbps!

YES! Many of us who use mobile internet as GPRS connect to either EDGE (2G) Or 3G Network. Now these companies put a CAP on speeds if you recharged with 2G plan. That's okay, but the CAP is tooooo low (usually around 128 Kbps) which is not enough for many tasks.

Getting better speeds will benefit all of us.

Click HERE TO VOTE

please share this with your friends via email, facebook etc...
Let us make it a success... together!

OK!

2G is not made for handling high data rates, though 512 kbps is the rate achieved my by the latest revision of EDGE.No offense, but such petitions won't make any difference for technical reasons, as well!Operators are facing severe spectrum shortage and want to use even the 3G spectrum to carry voice! Now if they optimize the 2G network to offer higher data rates, voice quality will begin to suck. I feel the strategy what operators are using now is the only way round.If you want higher data rates, you have to shift to 3G else wait for 4G services.Cheers

and then wait for 4g mobiles and then wait for cheap 4g mobiles when we are yet to see cheap 3G mobile.

cheap 3g mobiles are indeed available in the market. 🙂

Kya hai Ye ?? :confused_2: We are heading towards 4G and he wants to revolutionize 2G. Also, I feel that this is another bullshit website like " cunsumercomplaints ones " who just wanna their own promotion rather than make customer life easy. I am too with sanket and discard this petition.

friends,

at least read the whole thing before lashing out harshly....

Please stop making assumptions...

> I am not asking to revolutionize 2G.

I am asking to CHANGE the way 2G plans are offered in the market.

If you do a 2G recharge and connect to 3G network on for example airtel they will CAP your speeds to 64 Kbps. But they should give at least 296 Kbps speeds.

That under 2G recharges we must get better speeds. What's wrong with that?

Many of us especially in tier 3 small towns need better mobile internet speeds so that we don't depend on bsnl wireline connection for everyday internet.

@ Sanket & Indian Mascot

If you both have ever used mobile internet. You will know that if you do 2G recharge you will get slower speeds even if you are connected to a 3G network.

I am not asking to abandon 3G. I am asking to give better speeds under 2G plans.

I think you should sign the petition as it has real benefit for everyone.

common folks..

Check out the recent development

people are signing for it... you should too!

PLease put up any more questions you may have...

How this petition will benefit us:

1. You will get better youtube/video buffering
If we get 296 Kbps we will be able to buffer youtube videos in a better way.

2. You will get cheaper than broadband
2G plans are cheaper than broadband. Normally you can get 2-3 GB for 100 bucks. So if you don't do heavy downloading just few times there wud be no need for broadband expensive plans.

3. You can use skype/yahoo for video and voice call on your smartphones

If more people sign up for this petition i will send this to major telecom companies nodal officers. This will benefit all of us. Common!!!!!!!!

where is the link to the petition? I'm not seeing it.By the way I would expect the petition to provide correct technical reasons:1. Available spectrum which is unused by operators2. Backend network support.However, I feel that 2G- EDGE techonology uses so much spectrum. Take an example. My phone has class 32 EGPRS modem that can make 5X59.4kbps connections=296kbps bandwidth (bandwidth!=speed). So 5 time slots occupied that could have been used for servicing voice calls for 5 customers. So if there is a spectrum shortage, the operators will lose out customers and revenue. Lets take a look at Airtel's 1GB plan at Rs.98. If you download 1GB at full throttle at 296kbps, you'd finish the downloading it in 7 hours 52 seconds. Which means airtel will have to keep 5 time slots engaged for 7:52 hours. If airtel gives that spectrum to 5 voice call customers during that time @50p/min call, then they can generate Rs.236 (=7:52 hours X 0.5 Rs/min). So basically GPRS is less profitable for airtel. Imagine the same for tata docomo's 6GB@Rs.95 plan. May be government of India should give more spectrum for use commercially (if available?)

@ Sanket & Indian Mascot

If you both have ever used mobile internet. You will know that if you do 2G recharge you will get slower speeds even if you are connected to a 3G network.

Seriously? What's your point? I actually skipped using 2G my whole life. It was not ready for me 😀. You deserve to get the speed based on your recharge plan. Every operator has this policy. I don't see anything wrong with it. If you want fast speeds, don't expect them on 2G network. Get a capable 3G handset. (Hint: dozens of El. Chepo android phones are flooding the market) Recharge using a suitable 3G plan and get on with your life.

Don't take this in a negative way. 😀

Ye to wahi bat ho gai : 1080p ke zamane mein VCD kharidna.

what would you do if the content you want to see is only available on a VCD?

I am asking to CHANGE the way 2G plans are offered in the market.

So, You think filling information and providing them your details will make changes in 2G Policies which is already wading through mud of scams.

If you do a 2G recharge and connect to 3G network on for example airtel they will CAP your speeds to 64 Kbps. But they should give at least 296 Kbps speeds.

So, whats wrong in that. Are yoy expecting 3G speed in 2G recharge of Rs 99.

Many of us especially in tier 3 small towns need better mobile internet speeds so that we don't depend on bsnl wireline connection for everyday internet.

That can be a valid point but as users are high , so speed is further reduced as compared to Metro and Cat A cities.

@ Sanket & Indian Mascot

I am not asking to abandon 3G. I am asking to give better speeds under 2G plans.

I think you should sign the petition as it has real benefit for everyone.

I appreciate your intention but the way you are doing will help in no way. The website link you posted is nothing more than a new database collection site. And they are promoting their website by using all these tricks.