New Photon Plus User..what speed to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul247rocks

ISP
Alliance Broadband
Hello Guys. I just bought a Photon Plus Today and ordered the time based package. I really need to download a 7GB File urgently via Filezilla. So what Download Speed should I expect with Photon+. And how much time(Approx) it will take

As per my experience, Tata Photon+ had never crossed the speed of 1.5 MBPS and download speed never went above 100 Kbps.

OMG thats sad If that's the case I will let you know how much I am getting once its activated and running. Downloading 7.2 GB will take ages then...

between 1kBps to 64kBps stable, peaking to 256kBps depending on your area ,load at the time and luckgenerally in the 10-40kBps

I am using the 4500 bucks plan which gives 3600 min/month for 6 months and guess what I am getting download speed of only 20 Kbps...Just took it today...I feel so disheartened... I really needed to download 8 GB Files..but looks like TATA PHOTON+ is killing me...Customer care told me to do certain troubleshooting but no help at all.

I can't but abuse tata photon whenever I see the name. I got a pitiful 10KBps when I was in bangalore (Hosapalaya). Even in the night after 12am it was like that. Very rarely I get 100KBps, that too after night 1am. I tested the modem at coimbatore(TN) and it was the same. However, strangely the ping of tata docomo is about 120ms, which is one amongst the best for wireless connections.

Overall, tata deserves to be called as a FRAUD for their apalling tata photon plus and their tata docomo 2G GPRS services.

Fortunately the device wasn't my device, but my company's device which they gave for work from home.

OMG you guys are so right... For the last 48 hours since activation i rarely get 100 Kbps Connection Speed. And the net is so slow. I feel that I just wasted 4500 bucks. Also I called their Customer Care told me to do certain changes to the device manager...did all that but no help. This is so sick. I really am turning crazy...why do they even advertise 3.1 Mbps.....they are lying......very disappointed.

wireless connection is always unreliable... if you want some dedicated work done, go for a wired connection.. like BSNL's 512kbps connection or may be airtels 1Mbps @ Rs.1499 with 75GB FUP?

But my simple question is why do they invest in Banners telling all the lies. I can even see the Photon Plus Banner from my apartment right now. LOL..but the download speed is 50-60 KB/s. OK I live in Kolkata and I am a Professional YouTube Publisher.... can u suggest a high speed connection for me that is constant and does not disconnect frequently. My budget is around 30k- 35k and I am looking for uninterrupted YouTube Video Watching at 720p....able to record and edit live sessions from my Webcam....do Skype HD Conference and Download some occasional movies and games. Please give me suggestions. Currently I am using BSNL 512 Kbps but that is clearly not enough. And as far as Photon+ goes I wanna throw it in their faces....lying to earn money from fooling people.

Airtel offers some meaty plans .. with FUP of 75GB or 150GB .. 1Mbps: Rs.1499, 75GB FUP2Mbps: Rs.1599, 75GB FUP4Mbps: Rs.1699, 75GB FUPBSNL:1Mbps, Rs.2100, 100GB (dunno whether it is FUP or mere limit)

@rahul247rocks - First of all, do you need wireless? That is not clear from what you write. You have mentioned BSNL 512 kbps though. With your budget, you should seriously look at a more expensive BSNL plan rather than break your head with the wireless connection of Photon+

Hello Guys. I just bought a Photon Plus Today and ordered the time based package. I really need to download a 7GB File urgently via Filezilla. So what Download Speed should I expect with Photon+. And how much time(Approx) it will take

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Tata Docomo!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We request you to kindly provide us your Tata connection details, e-mail id or your alternate contact number which will assist us in doing the needful.

We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

For any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232.

Thanks and Regards,
Customer care
Tata Docomo.

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Tata Docomo!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We request you to kindly provide us your Tata connection details, e-mail id or your alternate contact number which will assist us in doing the needful.

We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

For any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232.

Thanks and Regards,
Customer care
Tata Docomo.

Status
Not open for further replies.