• Thread starter Thread starter harman163
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 66,513
QUOTE(aCe @ Sep 21 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]62888[/snapback]
Just goto this link and eenjoy...
http://www.broadbandforum.co/index.php?sho...t+configuration
[/b]
This thread is about GLB-502T so plz dont post links to DSL-502T as theres a lot of difference between them,specially in the web managment Interface.

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nmainfx9.png
http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newconnyn1.png

after a week of 'haggling' around with D-Link GLB502T, I took a wise decision ... I threw it back on the face of the dealer and got Linksys AM300.. and now life is fun... for all those who are yet to buy an ADSL router.. Please think twice and then three more times before you go for D.. and Harman.. i did get it 'repaired' - from the D-Link's only service center in Pune, It dint have any effect!!!

QUOTE(cpyder @ Sep 23 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]63062[/snapback]
after a week of 'haggling' around with D-Link GLB502T, I took a wise decision ... I threw it back on the face of the dealer and got Linksys AM300.. and now life is fun... for all those who are yet to buy an ADSL router.. Please think twice and then three more times before you go for D..
and Harman.. i did get it 'repaired' - from the D-Link's only service center in Pune, It dint have any effect!!!
[/b]
@cyder
how much does the linksys cost,is it ADSL2+.The D-Link GLB-502T sucks dont buy it.The inbuilt pppd is even less stable than WIN98 when using routerpppoe :lol:

D-Link model GLB-502T Truly sucks !!! It didnt work in PPPoe mode was able to use it as bridge and after reading various discussion boards i had to get it to the service centre where they patched the ADSL router.

They have removed my dsl MAC address after the patch it works (Finally) in PPPoe mode.

Before PATCH:
Product Information
Model Number GLB-502T
HW Revision P1R4
USB PID 0x6060
USB VID 0x0451
Ethernet MAC 00:17:7C:00:1E:86
DSL MAC 00:00:10:00:23:BD
USB MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:EC
USB Host MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:E1

Software Versions
Gateway 3.7.0B
Software Version 3.7.0B.0
ATM Driver 5.00.07.01
DSL HAL 5.00.05.00
DSL Datapump 6.01.04.00 Annex A
SAR HAL 01.07.2b
PDSP Firmware 0.52
Boot Loader 1.2.1.5

[/b]

After PATCH

Product Information
Model Number GLB-502T
HW Revision P1R4
USB PID 0x6060
USB VID 0x0451
Ethernet MAC 00:17:7C:00:1E:86
DSL MAC N/A
USB MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:EC
USB Host MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:E1

Software Versions
Gateway 3.7.0B
Software Version 3.7.0B.0
ATM Driver 5.00.07.01
DSL HAL 5.00.05.00
DSL Datapump 6.01.04.00 Annex A
SAR HAL 01.07.2b
PDSP Firmware 0.52
Boot Loader 1.2.1.5

[/b]

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

D-Link GLB-502T ADSL 2 sucks man.. i got it a month back and it works only in bridge mode.. there is a lot of fluctuation in signal ... and once the signal goes out and comes back the modem does not reconnect... u got to disconnect and dial the connection again.. finally i have given the modem back to the dealer to send it to the company and get things rectified... hope it works.. i would suggest Netgear modem-- quite reliable it seems..

QUOTE(ashishv @ Sep 24 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]63179[/snapback]
D-Link model GLB-502T Truly sucks !!! It didnt work in PPPoe mode was able to use it as bridge and after reading various discussion boards i had to get it to the service centre where they patched the ADSL router.

They have removed my dsl MAC address after the patch it works (Finally) in PPPoe mode.

Before PATCH:
After PATCH
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
[/b]
My modem is working fine now,they removed the dsl mac add.They sent me a batch file which removed the add.

^ @ harman , pls copy & paste that batch file herefor the benefit of other users . thanks .

This is a fix for D-Link GLB-502T PPPoE mode.

Please follow the following steps to update the settings of GLB-502T.Copy the folder to c🙁root drive)

1. Note the mac id of your router which comprises of 12 digits (combination of numbers and alphabets)
Pasted separately on the bottom of your device.
eg. mac if of your device is "00:17:7C:00:1D:4F"
2. Open mac.txt file and make changes as follows

SEND "echo HWA_3 00:17:7C:01:1D:4F > env\m"

3. Replace the 8th digit of the mac id 0 with 1
4. Save changes to the file mac.txt file
5. Run mac.bat file
6. Reboot your router. Updation is complete.

Batch File

Hi Harman... I need this update as soon as possible... Your reply is bit confusing for me.. Do we supposed to save this text file as batch file or what..? Sorry for my low knowledge...

^ pls download the zip file given by Harman . it contains the text file , batch file & telnet scripting tool . then follow the instructions .

Oh... Right! I didn't see that link at the bottom... Thanks a lot seshu and last but not the least... Harman! 🙂

I have been facing similar issue of disconnections from PPPoE and bridge connection. I have got the modem last week and yesterday I have got a new piece from the service center at Chennai (Sep 2006 piece). I heard that the firmware was also an updated version.I am using USB option. Few minutes after getting the internet connection my PPPoE light goes off and I loose net conectivity. I have been using a different modem without any problems for hours or even days together which was provided by the service provider for monthly rental. I am planning to get it replaced with GLB-502T but running into trouble.Any suggestion on how to over come this problem or is it wise to get it replaced with a different brand. How about Netgear brand?Your earliest response is highly appreciated. Note: I have also tried the option mentioned by above (mac ID).

QUOTE(jaishankar @ Oct 1 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]63795[/snapback]
I have been facing similar issue of disconnections from PPPoE and bridge connection. I have got the modem last week and yesterday I have got a new piece from the service center at Chennai (Sep 2006 piece). I heard that the firmware was also an updated version.

I am using USB option. Few minutes after getting the internet connection my PPPoE light goes off and I loose net conectivity. I have been using a different modem without any problems for hours or even days together which was provided by the service provider for monthly rental. I am planning to get it replaced with GLB-502T but running into trouble.

Any suggestion on how to over come this problem or is it wise to get it replaced with a different brand. How about Netgear brand?

Your earliest response is highly appreciated.

Note: I have also tried the option mentioned by above (mac ID). [/b]
Can u plz post a screenshot of ur Product Information Page.Is ur Bridge mode is working fine.

QUOTE(jaishankar @ Oct 1 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]63795[/snapback]
Any suggestion on how to over come this problem or is it wise to get it replaced with a different brand. How about Netgear brand?
[/b]
^ The brand and the quality both are better than D-Link but the cost is almost double... What to do... Quality never comes cheap! 🙂

QUOTE(harman163 @ Sep 26 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]63353[/snapback]
This is a fix for D-Link GLB-502T PPPoE mode.

Please follow the following steps to update the settings of GLB-502T.Copy the folder to c🙁root drive)

1. Note the mac id of your router which comprises of 12 digits (combination of numbers and alphabets)
Pasted separately on the bottom of your device.
eg. mac if of your device is \"00:17:7C:00:1D:4F\"
2. Open mac.txt file and make changes as follows

SEND \"echo HWA_3 00:17:7C:01:1D:4F > env\m\"

3. Replace the 8th digit of the mac id 0 with 1
4. Save changes to the file mac.txt file
5. Run mac.bat file
6. Reboot your router. Updation is complete.

Batch File
[/b]

I have just applied this patch, now lets see if it works or not.
🤔