BSNL Broadband: Dlink Glb-502t Help Page

• Thread starter Thread starter harman163
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 66,496
This is my product page image >> http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dlinkzb0.jpg

I m not having 8th number of DSL mac as 0 than too I changed the "4" to "1" and after rebooting the modem everynumber in DSL mac remained the same except 4 got replaced by 1 , I didn;t got N/A 🙁

Plzz Help 🙁

This is my product page image >> ImageShack - Hosting :: dlinkzb0.jpg

I m not having 8th number of DSL mac as 0 than too I changed the \"4\" to \"1\" and after rebooting the modem everynumber in DSL mac remained the same except 4 got replaced by 1 , I didn;t got N/A 🙁
Change the 8th digit of router mac address from 0 to 1(sticker with bar code at the bottom of router) and not of the DSL mac address.

Ohh than may be the line is creating the problem and I was doubting on my modem 😛

Updated 25 Oct 2007Friend of mine called up D-Link support and got reply. They say that while creating a PPPoE connection, the sharing should be disabled for BSNL broadband. The access concentrator does not support sharing enabled and confuses. If you are getting problems connecting with PPPoE then remove all connections and then create a new one with sharing option disabled. This will not affect connection sharing as NAT option is different. BSNL gives night unlimited access for 0200 - 0800 hours, if you are using PPPoE then you need reconnect to get benefit of unlimited download in this timeslot(MTNL clearly says so on their website - haven't seen any clarification for this on BSNL website). People who have ADSL light blinking problem , use BEETEL phones , these phones don't mess up with the ADSL frequency. I have removed my old instrument given by BSNL in which , as I lift the receiver , ADSL light starts blinking and I have to wait for a min. This is not the case in BEETEL phones , even if I lift the receiver , ADSL light still glows.

Ohh than may be the line is creating the problem and I was doubting on my modem 😛

Small TIP :- Use ur modem in the BRIDGE mode because its faster than the PPPOE mode.

:thumbsup:

@coolguygprs "Sharing" is it exclusive option in D-Link modems or common to all modems?Screen shot of modem page will be very much appreciated.( I am using single Beetel220BxAdsl2+modem for two different ISPs. Of course only one is connected any time )

Hi seshu,

There is nothing specific on the heat sink. Its a heavy Aluminium sheet just like the ones used with CPU cooling fans or u can find one in a electronic repair shop. They use these heat sinks on ICs and Transistors. Just try to find one that will fit inside the GLB502T without disturbing the other components in it. If possible also ask for the paste that is applied in between the heat sink and the IC.

Note:
Don't replace the cover of the modem. Allow enough air circulation and ventilation (but be careful of dust).

Since the heat sink you would have may not have any clamps to fasten it, if possible, tie it to the device properly. First this would not allow it to fall off from it's position and keep it seated on the IC properly and secondly, it would give the heat sink some weight and help in proper contact with the IC. You can refer to the image to view what I have done.

http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00517hk5.jpg

Regards
Ujjal

QUOTE(seshu @ Oct 19 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]65986[/snapback]

Are you guys serious ?? 😕
Any of you tried this out ? Working ??

And making it stand vertically - helps heat dissipation problem?:ashamed:
Any of you guys have implemented this successfully?

QUOTE(harman163 @ Oct 25 2006, 02:44 PM) [snapback]66586[/snapback]

There is one available now called ProNet. Price range is almost same. Configuration is damn easy as compared to D-Link. The only problem is... there is no USB connectivity option. You have to have LAN card in your system. 😉

Can I know of other cheap ADSL modems avble in the market currently ?

This is a fix for D-Link GLB-502T PPPoE mode.

Please follow the following steps to update the settings of GLB-502T.Copy the folder to c🙁root drive)

1. Note the mac id of your router which comprises of 12 digits (combination of numbers and alphabets)
Pasted separately on the bottom of your device.
eg. mac if of your device is \"00:17:7C:00:1D:4F\"
2. Open mac.txt file and make changes as follows

SEND \"echo HWA_3 00:17:7C:01:1D:4F > env\m\"

3. Replace the 8th digit of the mac id 0 with 1
4. Save changes to the file mac.txt file
5. Run mac.bat file
6. Reboot your router. Updation is complete.

Batch File
But what do i do if the 8th digit in the ID is not 0?
00 17 7c 05 76 D5 is the Mac id for my router. :wall:
please help ppl.

Hello,Can Anyone reupload the Batch file for Patching the Router?And, what should I put @ SEND "echo HWA_3 00:17:7C:01:4C:12 > env\m" line?The Ethernet MAC Address or DSL MAC Address?

hi, i am a new comer but i dont know how to post threads, please tell me the steps of how to post threads.