Which one to buy "HP Pavilion DM1 AMD E450" or "HP Pavilion DM1 Intel Core i3"

• Thread starter Thread starter sachin_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,886

sachin_

ISP
BSNL
My friend is coming back from US, please help me in deciding which one of the following two models I should ask him to buy:

link

HP Pavilion DM1 AMD E450 $ 480
HP Pavilion DM1 Intel Core i3 $ 570

If the user has some expectation that it should have good level of processing power and better than netbook computing performance, as someone said somewhere the Intel i3 will dance around AMD E450 just enough to kick it in the nuts. Light computing and stuff like watching movies and all that, yeah E450 good enough. If cost is not an issue, I would buy the i3 if I was in your place (well, duh!!!!). Unfortunately, I don't get netbooks/notebooks to evaluate on a regular basis. But..yeah. Its more like my opinion so...there you go!

Thanks Sorcerer for the help.Most probably I will go with E450 🙂 I am getting it in $472 after $25 discount (coupon SAVE25HP) from the HP's site.AMD E4504 GB RAM500 GB 7200 RPM HDD(I think it is sufficient for lil bit gaming, 720P movie watching and for net surfing)

I recently bought both

AMD Fusion Brazos C50 based laptop ( E450 -higher powered in the same series) and

Intel B950 sandybridge Processor laptop.(same family as core I3 just a shade below)

AMD has inbuilt graphic card which is supposed to be better than Intel stock onboard display adaptor. Also with new AMD processor, battery lasts longer.
But if you want speed and performance,go for Intel Core I3.

there is a lotta lag with this CPU. dont be fooled by the reviews...
AMD E450? Then you're overestimating it. If you just want light computing with good multimedia jazz, E450. You can't expect a lot from such netbooks.

(I think it is sufficient for lil bit gaming, 720P movie watching and for net surfing)
If you're doing single task 1080p, you're not gonna have issues. Gaming on E450? No I wouldn't really bank on it.

This isn't a comparison, not even close. But I had Gigabyte E-350N USB3 board long time ago for reviewing so it "would" give prepare you what to expect with such APUs. This is my run with 1080p movie. Look at the graph displaying on the movie clip:

This is my run with 720p while compressing data in the background:

And this is with 1080p while compressing data in the background:

How did this get bumped? @ Sorcerer , I am looking for a Laptop for around 18-20k , brazos based laptops are in my budget , should i go for brazos or sandy is more value for money? only use it for browsing and watching videos