Airtel to BSNL MNP

• Thread starter Thread starter chakraps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 34,730

chakraps

ISP
BSNL
Hi guys, I've got fed up with Airtel service in recent times, having remained their customer for over 6 yrs. Network is good but thats about it. Everything else has gone downhill. Being in Chennai telephone district, I intend porting my number to BSNL. They got a nice plan 'Nesam' going on right now that caught my eye. At the BSNL CSC they have given me an application form for porting. It has a UPC code column. I've been asked to send an sms to 1900 to get the UPC code from Airtel. I opened this thread to document my experience in this process.

Port out request sent to Airtel on 07.12.2011 4:20 PM

Received UPC 4:50 PM 7/12/2011

----------

Received the following message from Airtel at 7:00 PM 7/12/2011

"You would have received the Unique Porting Code on your mobile, please save the same for future reference. We would get in touch with you shortly."

Applied and received a receipt and sim from BSNL. Donor operator is marked as Airtel and UPC correctly indicated. Done on 8/12/2011 12:30 PM.Now the wait begins.

Received call from Airtel on 10/12/2011 and was offered a retention plan. I declined it and requested port out to be completed.Received sms from BSNL on 13/12/2011 that my port in request has been accepted and the switch would happen at 22:00 hrs.Exhausted remaining prepaid balance before the switch. Turned off phone at 22:30 hrs and turned ON immediately. Old Airtel sim failed to register. Removed old sim, inserted new BSNL sim and powered ON. Registered with CellOne BSNL Mobile. Made couple of test calls. Everything seems to be okay.Happy :thumbup:

You should be regretting now for changing to bsnl(in chennai), I guess.

You should be regretting now for changing to bsnl(in chennai), I guess.

You must be airtel shareholder, I guess.

You must be airtel shareholder, I guess.

🙂..nice one bro... but to be truthful i suffered a lot with bsnl. and have you heard of this weird problem of network going down when there's no electricity in the area? it ws one among the probs...now i've ported to airtel...going gud with airtel..

in my experience with BSNL Mobile in Bangalore I had everything going except the main important thing - network stability. BSNL's mobile network is overcrowded , my phone would be not reachable most of the time and after lot of complaining to several people in BSNL Mobile division I found that BSNL's network team including the DGM are totally incapable and inefficient in sorting out the network related problems. Eventually I ported out to Tata Docomo, now it is over a year and I never have faced or complained to CC about network related problems.