Siri like app for Android, Speaktoit

AbhishekMSharma

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 11, 2011
Mumbai, India
I don't think many people here know about this app as I can't find any thread dedicated to this. Speaktoit Assistant is a perfect Siri like app for Android users. A must have app for every Android user who is fascinated by Siri.

BTW Speaktoit will soon be released on iOS, Blackberry, bada and WP.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Just tried it. It is pathetic. Now don't blame it on the accent as American speech VRUs understand my speech perfectly.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
I asked it for the weather about 10 - 15 times. Never understood. The only times it understood me was when I said Shut Up and Crap. Rest of the times it was in its own world.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
Works pretty well for me.

the alarm in the second pic was also set by the app only.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Damn. How exactly do I need to speak? I press the microphone button and then speak with the phone held before me, at a distance of 5 inches or lesser.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
Are you on 2.2 or 2.3? I think it uses the native android voice library so should work better on newer versions.Try the default android voice search and see if it recognizes your voice.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Speaking of which, is there a Screenshot app which works without rooting? I have a DHD

----------

I want to take a screenie, a classic one, but since I am unable to find one which works without rooting, I will just type.

I said: "How is the weather in New Delhi"
It recognised: "show me your titties lip"
She said: "Wow. Thanks for keeping the conversation classy"