Does Airtel count Upload in FUP?

• Thread starter Thread starter link.king
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 8,991
yeah. but do call the customer care and make sure that you are switched... before starting the downloads. 🙂 it usually happens within 2 days. ..

Oh..you bet I will leave no stone unturned this time! 🙂

😀1 mbps is a pretty cool speed to have. uploads would be fixed at 512kbps i think in that plan.even with 1499 plan i have, i end up running out of disc space every week... on my laptop. thats when i have to move the data to the desktop which i use for backup...

Heh...Hope they don't stop at just 1mbps and keep aiming higher! 😗 HDDs are also touching new highs...so to put them to use we need more speed!

not an option for people who work on laptops.i dont like to but i have no option looking at the power cuts we have here in gurgaon.

yeah I know MTNL boasts that it does not count uploads. But all i said that dont give ideas that they are the only ISp in india which doesn count uploads.By word 'idea' i didnt mean the literal meaning........ i hope u get it

Hey.boygr8. You are stretching the discussion of giving the idea to MTNL, in a way contradicting yourself.forget about it now.

members/link-king/Did you register for Selfcare ? You could have checked your usage daily ( with 24 hours backlog). Since you are switching to U/L plan may not need it now. But you can check your telephone usage, change password pay bill online , mobile phone etc .Procedure : ( Ignore if already done )go to nearest Airtel Office with Photo Identity and a spare PP photo and fill the application form. You will get a new ID and PW (for selfcare ) in your email within two days.

members/link-king/
Did you register for Selfcare ? You could have checked your usage daily ( with 24 hours backlog). Since you are switching to U/L plan may not need it now. But you can check your telephone usage, change password pay bill online , mobile phone etc .
Procedure : ( Ignore if already done )go to nearest Airtel Office with Photo Identity and a spare PP photo and fill the application form. You will get a new ID and PW (for selfcare ) in your email within two days.

Yes dude..I have registered for that service, awaiting details from their side!

Thanx for the support though!

i'm on the combo 999 plan..so i get 6 GB download every monthnow if the upload as u say is counted, is it counted in the same 6 GB limit?i checked on airtel.in about the usage n i have used 2 GB yet..now i strtd dowload of a movie ( Horton ) ( Lol jus sayin ) on bitcomet n the upload is goin a lot faster than the download .. at this rate the download and upload will together amount to about 1.5 GB instead of 700 MB ( which is the size of the movie file )..so will 700 mb be added to my usage or 1.5 GB..?also i set a limit to the upload in bitcomet to 2 kb/second..n the download speed drastically reduced..but i really think this is only a co-incidence n the download speed n upload speed are not related n that the download speed will increase in a few seconds or mintes..whtever..please tell me guys..P.S: how old is boygr8 ? 4 ? mtnl wont read here n strt counting upload ..lol.. i hope u were crackin a joke there

also i set a limit to the upload in bitcomet to 2 kb/second..n the
download speed drastically reduced..but i really think this is only a co-incidence n the download speed n upload speed are not related n that the download speed will increase in a few seconds or mintes..whtever..

actually the two are inter=related to some extent. some torrrent clients would limit downloads if uploads are locked to very low numbers...

i'm on the combo 999 plan..so i get 6 GB download every month
now if the upload as u say is counted, is it counted in the same 6 GB limit?
i checked on airtel.in about the usage n i have used 2 GB yet..
now i strtd dowload of a movie ( Horton ) ( Lol jus sayin ) on bitcomet n the upload is goin a lot faster than the download .. at this rate the download and upload will together amount to about 1.5 GB instead of 700 MB ( which is the size of the movie file )..so will 700 mb be added to my usage or 1.5 GB..?

ok..thanks for the input guys..
i set the maximum upload limit to 10kb/s and the download got a lot faster.
also i havnt tried setting the minimum limit to 7..i'd kept it as no limit

but my main question for which i was worried is wht i have taken as quote above..
any reply would help a lot..thanks

yeah I know MTNL boasts that it does not count uploads. But all i said that dont give ideas that they are the only ISp in india which doesn count uploads.

Well i have seen ad in newspaper by MTNL where it stated samething, "the only ISP giving free uploads". So MTNL does indeed know about it that it is the ONLY ISP.