Review on Tata Sky+ HD True VOD Service (Download Content Via Broadband Internet on Lan Port)

• Thread starter Thread starter madhusudhan7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 21,812
^ True, but there are two limitations with the Catch Up TV as I see today. Only select shows from select channels are availableDownloaded shows will be present only for 1 week, after which they expire.

I read in some article that downloads will remain available only for 5 days .

Not really sure if this qualifies as a first since IPTVs have always had this feature. Airtel called it Timeshift where in a good 40 channels (or was it 35?) were available for upto a week after their telecast. Same is the case here. That too downloaded over IP, so technically, I guess the VOD qualifies as IPTV
This feature was in IPTV, but its first time on any DTH in India.
In IPTV, server (content storage), transmission line (Broadband) and STB are maintained by operator. Here Tata Sky is depending upon customer's broadband connection for content delivery. And this content delivery may be part of data consumed by broadband connection.

Yep downloads will stay only for a week(from air date). Movies are tagged for like a month(from DL date). FUPs still is a big problem. Content is way too limited for now.Overall this service doesnt look like a winner to me. Period.

Hi i would like to know whether it is possible to connect to internet using usb 3G datacard with the help of female usb to male RJ 45 connector connected to the LAN port of the Tata Sky HD plus.

Hi i would like to know whether it is possible to connect to internet using usb 3G datacard with the help of female usb to male RJ 45 connector connected to the LAN port of the Tata Sky HD plus.

No pal this is not possible, STB does not have the required Software to get the 3g data card to work.

An Alternative is to buy a 3g router, can be found here: 3g router | eBay

No pal this is not possible, STB does not have the required Software to get the 3g data card to work.

An Alternative is to buy a 3g router, can be found here: 3g router | eBay

hi thnx for reply. i would like to know that 3g router suugested by u will support DHCP mode of networking. can i purchase any 3g router or is their any specified router. one thing more is it possible to insert any 3g simcard in this router.

hi thnx for reply. i would like to know that 3g router suugested by u will support DHCP mode of networking. can i purchase any 3g router or is their any specified router. one thing more is it possible to insert any 3g simcard in this router.

1. I personally use this: Asus RT-N13U 3G / DSL Wireless N Router Print Server | eBay

2. You can buy any of the 3g routers listed on that page, any router there will support DHCP

3. You can't insert the SIM Card directly to this router, there are a few which can accept SIM Card directly but were pretty expensive the last time i checked. Instead you can buy a 3g USB Modem(like UMG 1831) & connect it to the USB port available on this router, once connected the internet can be shared just as in any other wired network. Do check the compatibility list of the router before you make the purchase though

I have personally used the following devices:
USB Modems: UMG 1831(Unlocked for any GSM Provider, used with BSNL, Airtel), AC8710(Tata Indicom EVDO), AC8700(BSNL EVDO) USB modems
Routers: Asus RT-N13U Rev B1, Tenda 3G 611R+

Dear Sirthnx again for ur quick reply.can u explain in details with some pictures(if possible) how to connect using data card and router. any specific manual setting is required or it will automatically be connected to internet. Micromax MMX 400R wifi router will work or not as it supports DHCP mode as well as contains sim card slot.

what details you need more?...he has explained clearly just buy it from your local shop or buy online and you will get details about it by its user manual too....also try to google for more... 🙂

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Bk5L9V7wwXk

lol - nice advertisement, Wife's Demands !

would have been nice if i had not used airtel iptv for 2 years. for me its blah. been there done that.