Use DNA A211 I as Wireless router using Get Net Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter pkdasgupta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 12,660

pkdasgupta

ISP
Get Net Broadband
I have "DNA A211 I" modem that I purchased from BSNL.I now use "Get Net Broadband". The connection comes through a RJ45 connection.Is there a way to plug the service provider's connection into "DNA A211 I" modem and enjoy wireless connectivity in all rooms.Basically I would want to use wireless on laptop using "DNA A211 I" modem using internet provided by LAN RJ45

Option 1 :Select "MER" in WAN page. ( same as "Bridged ")Cable Rj45 to lan 1 : another rj45 from LAN2 to computer.Wifi settings in router as usual.See "Sticky" post wa3002-g4 quick reference for links with screen shots.in BSNL forum. Feedback Option 2 . A stand alone wifi router preferred. (borrow one to test ) Select DynamicIPcable Rj45 to WAn port of wifi router. Another rj45 to desktop .Wif settings as usual. Feedback if tried.

Hi,

I tried selecting 'Wireless Bridge' under
Wireless > Wireless Bridge
options
But clicking on save/ Apply causes loss of connectivity between the laptop wireless & Wireless modem

Modem is connected to internet using my desktop over LAN

----------

OK, so to reiterate,
1) I am connected to a internet using the modem much like a switch/ hub to connect to internet provided in LAN, (and not using DSL)
2) My laptop connects to the modem over wireless, I can connect to 192.168.1.1 and do admin stuff
3) But I cannot browse inetrnet

In a nutshell, if the modem is connected to internet through LAN (not using DSL) and if laptop connected to modem over wireless, then why can't I browse internet in latop?

You should confirm How you solved it.Thanks. Later if some other member sees this thread, step by step solution is not available."Wireless Bridge" is selected when two wifi routers are linked without any cable (RJ45)WDS/WDM menu should be available in both .

i have somewhat similar issue , i have an unused dna a2111 I lying unused ,is there any way can i use it to share my pc net with my mobile as wlan hub ? for info i am using beam cable internet which has browser based login .

CLOSED!
I solved it!
Thanks SB for pitching in.

Can you explain how you resolved that issue ????
I'm facing same problem. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I was dealing with the same problem…. Now I found out that you DISABLE the DHCP configuration in your modem setting…. Doing so I was able to get redirected to the Reliance wired broadband login page….but after logging in I'm not able to access internet as for every URL I enter it gates redirected to login page only….This means that modem is configured but still I need to change something so that I would be able to use the internet over multiple wifi devices…. :dPlease revert back in case you have further details about this problem…. Thanks,aMIT.

Finally I resolved almost every problem….Just now I need to do something which will enable me to create multiple sessions using single customer ID in my Reliance connection….You can simultaneously login to all the devices at the same instant using single customer ID that will do the trick…Tried and everything is resolved now….If you have any problem setting up the configuration for DNA A211 I modem or any other modem you can share it with me here….Thanks,aMIT.

I have the exact same problem ...op has not posted the solution ..
I hav tried all things mentioned here ..enable/disable dhcp ..
internet is connected through bsnl router(not dsl) via lan ...
i hav ssvnbc net ..& want to use it via wifi on my windows phone ..
pls help !!
pkdasgupta said:
I have "DNA A211 I" modem that I purchased from BSNL.I now use "Get Net Broadband". The connection comes through a RJ45 connection.Is there a way to plug the service provider's connection into "DNA A211 I" modem and enjoy wireless connectivity in all rooms.Basically I would want to use wireless on laptop using "DNA A211 I" modem using internet provided by LAN RJ45