Can i use 2G pack under 3G speed?

• Thread starter Thread starter baluchen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 15,281

baluchen

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I have activated 2G pack with 1GB free. I did not requested for 3G services. But when i change my phone to 3g mode (WCDMA) it picking up and i am able to browse high speed. Is this something happening by mistake from airtel or eveyone getting it?ThanksBala

if it is mistake... enjoy it.but there are high chances that the speed on 3G s capped at 144 kbpsas the ping are little better in 3G mode you feel that the speeds are better.

keep an eye on balance. a lot us have airtel connections that show 3G even though you are on a 2G plan. only rarely do i get better speeds on 3G. most of the times it sucks compared to Edge.

I dont think its possible. If u have taken a particular pack, then u cant be charged extra over that. Next, i guess the phones have a habit of showing 3G while the connection is on. My phone changes between 3-4 symbols.....E, H, H+, 3G......And neither have i got that fast speeds, nor have i got charged extra.

keep an eye on balance. a lot us have airtel connections that show 3G even though you are on a 2G plan. only rarely do i get better speeds on 3G. most of the times it sucks compared to Edge.

True.
Oflate Airtel Gprs also connects with 3G signal (wcdma/Hsdpa) but gives only 40 kbps.
better to force connect in Edge which gives around 180-200 kbps.

At times the trick works and you get decent speeds but most of the times, speeds suck and you are better off on edge instead.

Found a way to get that1 disable 2G and 3G services Use fr 2 to 3 days2. Enable 2G 3 Recharge 1GB PACK4 use for 1 day 5 call customer care 6 act 3G imp call customer care to do it7 call 12134 and act 8 rs plan 8 in ur cell go to speed test.net and use it on 3G9. While test in between deact 3G10. Again do speedtest 11 disable internet in ur cell and then reswitch it on 12. Go to browser open google Ur doneRem apn should be of mobile office get it done from airtel gallery guysGuys update :!!!If u get low download speed and big upload speed i.e 500 kilobytesDen wait for the month end of ur 2G pack on the last day rc with 3rs planDen wait for 2 days put 98 pack and den u will get 3G speeds of download and upload of bothUse 3G 1ce when 2G plan is finished (between that 2 days time)The trick implements all time 3G speeds at 2g plans so chill evn if it got deactivated no deal the trick will still be working I myself tried it The time when your update is high and download is low ur ping will be below 200ms so enjoy ultimate surfing speed!!

On 3G with actvivated 2G u will get awesome ping but no download speed but ur upload speed will be in. 400 KB yes kilobytes per second

If Iam not mistaken when you have a existing 2G pack, recharging 3G pack like rs 8 plan will be rejected by the system.last week I had like 300 mb left in a 2G pack and downloaded 2 tv serials from mediafire (140+140 mb) during the night at 140 kBps or so speed. i slept off.when I got up and checked ..download was ok but my main balance Rs 137 gone....................:mellow:

Read instructions carefully guys the way i hv done its de only way
Download is not always 400 KBps its betw 2 to 5 pm , 7 to 9 pm

----------

Yes iam on a zero rental plan but this trick needs a first time plan act. By calling airtel!