Can i use 2G pack under 3G speed?

• Thread starter Thread starter baluchen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 15,292
^^ WHAT? are you sure it works? I have a note too and ill install that ROM if that works.do you continue getting 3G speeds even after switching data on/off?

^^ WHAT? are you sure it works? I have a note too and ill install that ROM if that works.

do you continue getting 3G speeds even after switching data on/off?

yes it does even when you restart your phone...though fair warning that rom is too buggy...I m going to PM the developer about what he edited in build.prop..So maybe we can be able to do it in much stable GB too...

EDIT:
Found something relevant...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1003161

Maybe this is it...
flashing GB again to confirm...

----------

Well the droid does...
Here's the proof--->http://db.tt/sITtERSo

I cant believe this! ROMs built specifically for fiddling with speeds? When it was posted i thought it cud be just a coincidental thing. I still need confirmation from u guys....is it true? I mean what has a ROM got to do with Speeds?

Nothing. its just a set of tweaks to improve network connectivity that was originally released for the HTC Inspire and some custom ROM developers incorporated these into their ROM's. the ROM's weren't specifically built for getting higher data speeds.for me, after applying it, my download speed on enabling 3G on a 2G plan still hovers around 70 kilobits/second but the upload speed increased to 200-250 kilobits/second.

For past 2 days i am getting 3g speeds on 2g pack. Although i am on roaming 😀

----------

manu did you meant kilobytes???

----------

check this...on airtel 3g on 2g pack using above hack/patch in U.P.

I remember someone telling me that iPhone 4/4S users get 3G speed by default even if they've paid only 98/month since Airtel sold those models bundled at some point of time. But, if you don't have an iPhone, you're probably better off trying something else.