Delhi Metro Updates

Just a general metro query: other than the length of the platform, is there any other limitation for the number of coaches?if not, then, why not have 8-10 coach trains, with boarding through the 1st 6 coaches, and other coaches being used for seating for passengers on long journeys?

AFAIK metro is planning to launch 8 coach trains after they upgrade all 4 coach to 6 coach. And the length of the station is like Blue and purple line can accommodate 10 coach trains.

AFAIK metro is planning to launch 8 coach trains after they upgrade all 4 coach to 6 coach. And the length of the station is like Blue and purple line can accommodate 10 coach trains.

ohk.. I thought that train length limits were due to platform length limits

Though, considering the crowds, 10 coach trains are needed NOW at 2 min. intervals to solve the crowds.

hope they come soon

yaar this thing has been so annoying!!I was going from vaishali to Rajouri...awww long route getting seat from vaishali is easy as it is the first station, but the thing is that if 6 coach train come, it is has some space empty (off course for standing), but in 4 coach train there isnt a single inch for standing even.incidently a 4 coach train come & I got seat (the terminal seat, just near gate but unreserved) in the last coach (i now travel only in last coach) and by the time train reached yamuna bank, it was jampacked.bhai sahab tabhi ek lady ek bachcha god me lekar aayi aur khadi ho gayi mere samne aake.....what to do now ?main to baaitha raha but wo badi besharmi se seat dene k liye ishara karne lagi...I just said some #$@$ in my mouth and left the seat.I mean even I was not sitting on reserved seat and they want that seat too.what the hell !!!!

the best solution is to not sit on a reserved for women/disabled/old-people seats in the general compartment. that ways there would always be reserved seats occupied by regular people in the general coach. and personally speaking, i think you reserve the right not to give a seat if you are not sitting on any of the reserved seats. i might give mine if it is an old person. but probably never to a women now that they have a dabba dedicated to them. 😛

Don't know if this has been posted here before or not, but this surely takes the :cake: for 1) Song of the year2) Advertisement of the year3) Best dance in an adv campaign 4) Best lyrics 5) Best male vocals in an adv campaign I can give this so many more awards...the list is endless 😛 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHVMHfSFG_I

looks like a low budget withdrawn ad campaign by delhi metro to attract common man to metro. 😀 ...see this man in this video..looks like his butt has been kicked 1000 times b4 shooting (by cheap VGA camera) him for video.:ROFL:

sucks right? you treat men and women differently on a public transportation medium financed largely by tax payers money.