Vodafone Internet Usage Auto Notifications

ISP
Jio
Recently Vodafone has started this service of providing popups which say how much data was exchanged and how much balance it deducted. Well it's a nice future, but too disturbing. The pop ups pop up too frequently. While receiving mails, it pops up, while chatting, it pops up, while using voice commands (vlingo), it pops up and obviously after browsing. Is there any procedure to deactivate these annoying internet usage pop-ups? I have called the CC twice and each time they said that it will be solved within 3-4 hours, but nothing has been done yet. It's more than 24 hours since my second call.

I have also noticed this change. Now it gives popup about usage, while there is no response for *141*10# (MAH circle) which gave data balance. This popups are annoying!

For me *225*6# used to give data balance, but now it gives network error. I called CC and they said that this USSD code is now disabled. Not a good move.

Try *111# and select 6 for data packs.
Excellent , perfect, this was the info i was looking for,

but didn't wanted to sc**w my happiness with CC executives asking even your underwear size to verify
the identity and then a stupid idea to visit a voda mini patience testing store,
where your patience will be tested with excellently trained technicians(ya they deserve this name) to blow you off your mind.
in the end you can get a SMS to rate your experience.

Option 5 instead of 6 shows data packs for me. Great stuff, thanks a lot. I just hope that the notifications are now stopped as early as possible.

Thank God for this Post. I registered on this website just to quote you and tell you how awesome you are.Where did you get this info from?

Coming back to the OP,
It was a really shitty move from Vodafone to turn off some service that is easy to use and works excellently and to replace that with a shitty multilayered menu based system. And doing all this with absolutely no prior indication! On top of all this none of this info is available on their website.Its hopelessly outdated,not even listing more than half the call plans,data plans,services and God knows what else vodafone charges money for.The website has been designed to deliberately confuse and frustrate anyone who wants to get info about plans that they may have subscribed to.Its as if they are hoping people make mistakes in typing codes and subscribe to something that they dont want.

This is not slander.This is just someone who lost 2 hrs trying to get a simple balance check in my gprs account

I have a prepaid connection and subscribed for the 200MB /mnth plan. (MI102)When i use the *111# and option 5, it shows that i am subscribed to "Mobile Internet 5GB" and the balance shows 164MB.I don't get it at all...

@ Sushubh....Mate, whatever u post about ur issue, u will get a template reply! Even u arent spared. I suggest u have some talks with the controller of this id & ask them to be something different than the template atleast! Some different words? May be they can keep the meaning same, but atleast change some words?But @ Topic....This thing is annoying in Idea too. And at times it so happens that if i ignore that notification, Data connection is lost altogether. It seems that the provider wants us to make a note of the push message they send.

Thank God for this Post. I registered on this website just to quote you and tell you how awesome you are.Where did you get this info from?

Coming back to the OP,
It was a really shitty move from Vodafone to turn off some service that is easy to use and works excellently and to replace that with a shitty multilayered menu based system. And doing all this with absolutely no prior indication! On top of all this none of this info is available on their website.Its hopelessly outdated,not even listing more than half the call plans,data plans,services and God knows what else vodafone charges money for.The website has been designed to deliberately confuse and frustrate anyone who wants to get info about plans that they may have subscribed to.Its as if they are hoping people make mistakes in typing codes and subscribe to something that they dont want.

This is not slander.This is just someone who lost 2 hrs trying to get a simple balance check in my gprs account

I'm glad that my post helped you 🙂

I found this out when i was randomly checking out the 'My offer' by dialing *111#
🙂

Looks like Vodafone removed this Auto Notifications in bangalore!I'm not getting any notifications from yesterday! Feeling relieved of nuisance 🙂

Hi Omey,

Kindly share your number with us here Vodafone India - Complaints - Requests - Enquires We'll get back to you in a short while to address your concern.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care

----------

Hello SVishal,

Kindly share your number with us here Vodafone India - Complaints - Requests - Enquires We'll get back to you in a short while to address the issue.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care

----------

Now this calls for a Like! Atleast some wordings have changed, after i made a desperate request! 😀 :iconrofl: