HitPlay User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 6,089
there seems to the no rate difference between thinkgeek and ur website rates..Also, one cannot sign_up ur blog...here's the error when clicked on "forgot password"The e-mail could not be sent.Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function...

if his rates matches that of international sites, it is a good thing right? because the shipping alone from international stores is so high?

I think the rates shouldn't be that high...otherwise whats the point of actually buying a product from an Indian company. Also, local brands with unique creativity should be chipped in at slash prices....coz i saw most of the geeky stuff on thinkgeek while in the hitplay it was all "normal" stuff.....this doesnt serve the purpose, right?

Some of the rates i searched are high for sure, try dealextreme.com. Shipping will matter for some.

I think the rates shouldn't be that high...otherwise whats the point of actually buying a product from an Indian company. Also, local brands with unique creativity should be chipped in at slash prices....coz i saw most of the geeky stuff on thinkgeek while in the hitplay it was all "normal" stuff.....this doesnt serve the purpose, right?

these products are not manufactured in india right?

almost everything is probably being imported from the international markets.

from buying from a local store, you save money on shipping and you save time on delivery.

Excellent collection of innovative products, but the site does seem to be pricey.

Ex: HitPlay.in - Clocky Rs 2990

http://www.indiaplaza.com/run-away-alarm-clock-on-wheels-electronics-ele09082011ojja02-10.htm - Rs 1010 (Use a 200 off coupon and you get it for 810)

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Run-Away-Alarm-Clock-Wheels-Clocky-/250970231256?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3a6efdd1d8 - Rs 995 on ebay

I understand its impossible to get uniform prices across the web, but the difference in pricing is quite high, even if you consider services like fedex shipping, and maybe better packaging.

This is not a one off case. Found such differences in some LED lights too.

However, the site is amazing in terms of collection of innovative products, and great to browse through.

Indiaplaza is not opening for me so I don't know what product they are selling but the original product costs 40$ ~ 2.1k: Nanda Home creators of Clocky, the alarm clock that runs away. (these are the guys that make it) so I am highly skeptical as to how is Indiaplaza selling it for 1000 bucks.

In my earlier post, indiaplaza link was incorrect. Check it now, its working fine.

This is from the description given on IndiaPlaza, with the image of the product being same on hitplay and indiaplaza

Product Discription :

The alarm clock that runs & hides to get you out of bed.
This little wonderful wheeled alarm clock started as an engineering student's project. Having trouble waking herself up, Gauri Nanda developed 'Run Away' to shriek annoyingly and effectively, to wake you up. Run Away allows you to snooze once. After which, like R2D2 on Red Bull, it leaps off your nightstand and wheels around your room looking for a place to hide. Enthusiastically, screaming, alarming and flashing, you will have to run around your room to turn this thing off.
Kind of like a misbehaving pet, only he will get up at the right time and give you a quick workout to start your day!

Product Features:

[*]Jumps from comfortably upto 5 feet
[*]Moves on wood carpet tile etc...
[*]Press snooze to view the time at night
[*]Screen flashes when running
[*]Alarm beeps random
[*]Loud 8 dB alarm beeps in a random pattern while the screen flashes for a total sensory awakening
[*]It has a disable wheelbutton
[*]Manually set snooze time
[*]Remove the wheels if you want Run Away to stay put
[*]A Uniue gifting product
[/list]

We have taken out the fake Clockys from eBay and India plaza

----------

HitPlay.in is the exclusive importer and distributor for Nanda home LLC in India. Due to very high import duties and taxes, you may sometimes find our products about 30% higher than in the US. But, don't forget:
1. If you purchase locally in America, taxes are billed extra,
2. If you buy from India, you're paying a higher currency conversion + bank charges,
3. You pay for shipping,
4. You will need to pay custom duty (calculated on product price + shipping charges, which can quite high) once your product arrives,
5. You're not sure when will you receive your purchase,
6. Your purchase in the states may not hold a valid warranty in India.

We warrant, are authorized and even work with inventors towards every product sold. Some products sold on Cool Gadgets, Latest Gadgets. are even especially localized for India.

If there's any more info you need, please let me know.

Cheers,
Champ

----------

Thanks for your feedback. Apologies for my late response. The blog has been fixed. Will work on the forgot password issue. Anything else?

Ok....i m too lazy to browse thru the whole site.....but can u tell me if i can get a decent dock for having my Galaxy S2 placed on my desk, may be for something around 500 or 600?

Looks good. But its costlier may be since it has a charger with it.....i dont need the portable charging facility. Whenever i need charging, i am always around a charging point.....except while travelling. But thats 4--4.5 hours max, that too split into 2. Let me now surf through the site for non-charging options.