• Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 5,707

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
If it was not bad that they enabled some VAS on this connection.

SMS like these are seriously annoying.

My mom uses this connection and I am not amused.

Reply "Yes."

yeap. it is the 30 buck per month VAS.
Yea. i went to my parents native place ( a village) and there one guy living beside my grandma's house came to me and said that money was deducted for no reason.

When i called the CC ..she said that he activated sms buddys or some message service. When i looked in the inbox . . i came to know that they charged 3Rs per message along with 30Rs for that VAS!

I was pissed. People in cities and towns may recognize this scam but people in village may not recognize them.

Ladki kabhi fokat mein nahi milti boss :grin:.BTW thr spam already starts with thr flash messages!!!!!!!! Have to turn off.(Msg to sweety> kya aap kutto k saamne naachengi 😛)

My grandfather (who knows just how to make & receive cals) used to receive such msgs on his airtel. 😕They even activated some chat service on his no. without his consent. airtel is the biggest crook of them all.

I don't understand Hindi.. but BSNL sends a similar spam: "Hi my name is Priya, wanna chat with me? then subscribe to no.xxxx"

----------

what do these operators think? Using girls as an object to seduce men? disgusting! :mad ()::mad ():

I don't understand Hindi.. but BSNL sends a similar spam: "Hi my name is Priya, wanna chat with me? then subscribe to no.xxxx"

----------

what do these operators think? Using girls as an object to seduce men? disgusting! :mad ()::mad ():

They could use men to seduce men, but the audience is not as large then

Yea. i went to my parents native place ( a village) and there one guy living beside my grandma's house came to me and said that money was deducted for no reason.

When i called the CC ..she said that he activated sms buddys or some message service. When i looked in the inbox . . i came to know that they charged 3Rs per message along with 30Rs for that VAS!

I was pissed. People in cities and towns may recognize this scam but people in village may not recognize them.

And this is the reason Telcos are making profit and companies like Vodafone and Airtel are leading in ARPU 😛

Next sms: Sunny Leone sponsored by Airtel/VodafoneI am Sunny Leone would you like to have fun with me 😀 Press Yes:Min: bal. Rs 1000 will be deducted and later remaining bal will also be deducted :rofl:TRAI should fine every operator who sends these kinds of messages.

On my new Tata Docomo connection, I am also getting similar spam sms daily. Since its new connection nobody calls on it, and I keep mobile in silent mode, so I dont get disturb as of now...But have to take some action to stop it

Mobile service providers try every other way to con customers. I took a new vodafone prepaid connection recently and started receiving such messages and also caller tune was activated by them. Had to contact CC and cancel all. Also registered for DND.Airtel too tried to rip off some money from my grandfathers mobile by activating radio subscription and other services...

This is there old strategy, they will offer you free SIM but make one top up mandatory and as soon as you do that top up recharge, they will deduct some amount by starting some VAS without your consent.