Need help to replace Bettel 450TC1 router with D-Link N300

• Thread starter Thread starter svkndv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,277

svkndv

ISP
airtel
I have bought a D-Link DIR-615 router with the intention of replacing my substandard Bettel 450TC1. My current connection is routed through a splitter to landline and one to bettel ADSL router. While i was trying to replace it wit D-Link I observed that D-Link doesn't have a RJ11 connection and it accept only RJ-45 connection.For time being I connected Bettel LAN out to D-Link. Can someone help me to get rid of this betel completeley out of chain? Is there any splitter available in market which can convert RJ11 to RJ45 or any other workaround?

D-Link DIR-615 N300 is a "Router" and not a "Modem+Router"You'll have to use a modem to get internet connectivity.I still don't understand why you bought this router.You already have 4 LAN + WiFi available on Beetel 450-TC1If you want WiFi "IEEE 802.11n" get some other modem + router.I would suggest Linksys E series onesLinksys E1000 Wireless-N Router for INR. 3,000Linksys E2000 Wireless-N Router for INR. 6,000

D-Link DIR-615 N300 is a "Router" and not a "Modem+Router"

You'll have to use a modem to get internet connectivity.

I still don't understand why you bought this router.

You already have 4 LAN + WiFi available on Beetel 450-TC1

If you want WiFi "IEEE 802.11n" get some other modem + router.

I would suggest Linksys E series ones

Linksys E1000 Wireless-N Router for INR. 3,000

Linksys E2000 Wireless-N Router for INR. 6,000

I had a wrong assumption that every router and internet connection have some standard in INDIA. I have chosen this router as this one have 300MBPS streaming capability so that i can use it for HD streaming to 2-3 devices.

Thanks for the suggestion I would try with the shop keeper if he could replace it.

Yeah, you basically got confused between a router and a modem. There are a few devices available that are routers with a built-in modem but most are not.

You need to get hold of a "DSL-2750u Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router" which is a 300 MBPS router + modem. Works well with Airtel.