Compatible Laptop Battery

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,171
Apple macbooks now have non user replaceable batteries. so they can put in customized batteries inside which are larger in size and makes more efficient use of the available space. user replaceable batteries do not offer that functionality as you have to fit them in a space that is accessible to the user which waste space and is not very efficient. a couple of PC makers are also now adopting a similar strategies. and there are laptops available in the market that offer good battery life (Windows) but Apple surely is ahead of the competition and is likely to remain like that for a while.

Apple macbooks now have non user replaceable batteries. so they can put in customized batteries inside which are larger in size and makes more efficient use of the available space.

user replaceable batteries do not offer that functionality as you have to fit them in a space that is accessible to the user which waste space and is not very efficient.

a couple of PC makers are also now adopting a similar strategies. and there are laptops available in the market that offer good battery life (Windows) but Apple surely is ahead of the competition and is likely to remain like that for a while.

Owing a macbook pro...and my battery is user replacable....infact 2 days back I took out my battery to diagnose some problem 🙂 ...

you have a model that is likely to be 3 years old. i have the last macbook that came with replaceable battery. and even after 3.5 years the backup is close to 3-4 hours. and it is a machine that has been literally abused wrt charging and discharging several times on a daily basis.

Even my old Powerbook G4's battery is user replaceable. I guess its only the battery of Macbook Air that is non user replaceable.EDIT: Googled a bit. The 2011 Macbooks have non user replaceable battery.

I got an unofficial battery for my ancient HP pavillion dv1000 laptop. The backup time is about 2.5 hours with moderate CPU load and about 1.5-2 hours with heavy cpu load. The cost of the battery was Rs.3200 and capacity as 4400mAh. The original battery cost was Rs.4.8k .. seems like the Topic Starter got a good deal, do update us with your backup time after 6 months!

I got an unofficial battery for my ancient HP pavillion dv1000 laptop. The backup time is about 2.5 hours with moderate CPU load and about 1.5-2 hours with heavy cpu load. The cost of the battery was Rs.3200 and capacity as 4400mAh. The original battery cost was Rs.4.8k ..

seems like the Topic Starter got a good deal, do update us with your backup time after 6 months!

ohh no i think u got it at steep price..........how can there be so much less difference in a Chinese and original battery.............i was getting 1600 quote for a Chinese battery for my hp pavilion dv5 1002 au model and if i am right you have atleast same model no battery if not the same laptop model.

but instead i decided to go for a 625 va microtek ups for 1650 rupee ..........:stop: before u say anything lemme tell you , my laptop is used as desktop , never carried it outside ever:iomg:.so it was a sensible thing to do, i didnt want to ruin my laptop so didnt go for Chinese battery........................ mine is amd processor laptop and yours???

ohh no i think u got it at steep price..........how can there be so much less difference in a Chinese and original battery.............i was getting 1600 quote for a Chinese battery for my HP pavilion dv5 1002 au model and if i am right you have atleast same model no battery if not the same laptop model.

Is it? hmm... only time will tell if it is worth the trouble. I get good backup and unlike my old original battery, it doesn't get "stunned" when there is a power failure and force the laptop to sleep.

but instead i decided to go for a 625 va microtek ups for 1650 rupee ..........:stop: before u say anything lemme tell you , my laptop is used as desktop , never carried it outside ever:iomg:.so it was a sensible thing to do, i didnt want to ruin my laptop so didnt go for Chinese battery........................ mine is amd processor laptop and yours???

I use it as a portable desktop. Mine is intel core solo 1.87Ghz(model: T1350). I use at my college hostel and at my home. But it stays stationary at both the places as I have lot of accessories plugged into the laptop(USB speaker, Phone as modem, portable hard disk, wireless mouse, USB keyboard) 😀 I get power supply interruptions infrequently, lasting upto 1:00 hours.

You used an UPS? well, since laptops usually consumes 2-4 times less power than a PC, your UPS battery will have a longer life and longer backup. . .

----------

Just don't allow the depth of discharge of the UPS battery to be more than 80%, prefreably keep it 50%.. you will get longer life.