Undersea Cables To India

ayush sinhal

ISP
bbnl
Undersea cabels coming to India. Are there any more than these -Bharat Lanka Cable System - (India-Sri Lanka)EIG - (Europe India Gateway) (UK, Portugal, Morocco, Gibraltar, France, Monaco, Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Djibouti, Oman, UAE, India)FALCON - (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, India)FLAG FALCON - (FLAG Alcatel-Lucent Optical Network) - (Egypt, Sudan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman, India, Maldives)FLAG FEA - (FLAG Europe-Asia) (UK, Spain, Italy, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Japan)I-ME-WE - (India-Middle East-Western Europe) (India, Pakistan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the Lebanon, Italy, France)SEA-ME-WE 3SEA-ME-WE 4i2i - (India-Singapore)India-UAEIOCOM - (India-Malaysia)SAFE - (South Africa-Far East) (South Africa, Mauritius, India, Malaysia)SEACOM - (South Africa, Madagascar, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya, India and Europe)TIISCS - (Tata Indicom Cable) or (Tata Indicom India-Singapore Cable System) (India-Singapore)Has anyone contacted any one of the above cable companies ?????? any reviews ?????? Or any information on them ......

These are all owned and operated in India by a grand total of 4 companies at present, as below (in bold)

Undersea cabels coming to India. Are there any more than these -

Bharat Lanka Cable System - (India-Sri Lanka) BSNL
EIG - (Europe India Gateway) (UK, Portugal, Morocco, Gibraltar, France, Monaco, Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Djibouti, Oman, UAE, India) Bharti (Airtel), BSNL
FALCON - (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, India)FLAG FALCON - (FLAG Alcatel-Lucent Optical Network) - (Egypt, Sudan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman, India, Maldives) Reliance
FLAG FEA - (FLAG Europe-Asia) (UK, Spain, Italy, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Japan) Reliance
I-ME-WE - (India-Middle East-Western Europe) (India, Pakistan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the Lebanon, Italy, France) Bharti (Airtel)
SEA-ME-WE 3 VSNL (Tata)
SEA-ME-WE 4 Bharti (Airtel), VSNL (Tata)
i2i - (India-Singapore) Bharti (Airtel)
India-UAE VSNL (Tata) - Basically dead (should be being retired about now).
IOCOM - (India-Malaysia) VSNL (Tata) - Retired 2003
SAFE - (South Africa-Far East) (South Africa, Mauritius, India, Malaysia) VSNL (Tata)
SEACOM - (South Africa, Madagascar, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya, India and Europe) VSNL (Tata)
TIISCS - (Tata Indicom Cable) or (Tata Indicom India-Singapore Cable System) (India-Singapore) VSNL (Tata)

Has anyone contacted any one of the above cable companies ?????? any reviews ?????? Or any information on them ......

The companies mentioned in bold are the ones who will be able to sell you the bandwidth, although 2 others are coming in now.

Also, some of these are actually physically parts of a single cable system - for example, FLAG FEA and FALCON are 2 parts of the same network.

Has anyone contacted any one of the above cable companies ?????? any reviews ?????? Or any information on them ......

U want review? why? want to eat them or what !!!:thinking:
or
do u want to make ur own cable like many others. 😛

These are all owned and operated in India by a grand total of 4 companies at present, as below (in bold)

The companies mentioned in bold are the ones who will be able to sell you the bandwidth, although 2 others are coming in now.

Hi can you share the contact details of these offices , and which are the other 2 companies which are coming

or

One can swim across these cables and make a New Guinness Book of world record 😛 😀

Hi can you share the contact details of these offices , and which are the other 2 companies which are coming

Pacnet has very recently begun providing services (though not very much, they only have limited capacity at the moment), they're located in Vikhroli I think, Telstra will begin soon.

or

:laugh:

GBICS (Gulf Bridge International Cable System) will be RFS by the end of 2011. GBI (GBI - Home) is a newly formed carrier neutral company that is not related to any Telco nor to any consortium of Telco's in the world. This brand new fiber optic cable connects India (Mumbai) to all of the Gulf region countries and then on to Europe. The system is designed to carry up to 5 Tbps on certain segments.

GBICS (Gulf Bridge International Cable System) will be RFS by the end of 2011. GBI (GBI - Home) is a newly formed carrier neutral company that is not related to any Telco nor to any consortium of Telco's in the world. This brand new fiber optic cable connects India (Mumbai) to all of the Gulf region countries and then on to Europe. The system is designed to carry up to 5 Tbps on certain segments.

Oh yeah, forgot about Sify. That will make 7 wholesale players, up from 3 ~18 months ago. This is a good thing. A very good thing.

Right. >> International network map::

I feel more companies should invest in submarine cables and create some competition. Telecom Giants Like TATA,Airtel are looting Selling bandwidth at high prices because there is no competitor for them. By Now pacnet,Sify Cables should have been working by now. It's Time for the companies like You telecom,MTNL, Railtel,Hathway to Invest.

I feel more companies should invest in submarine cables and create some competition. Telecom Giants Like TATA,Airtel are looting Selling bandwidth at high prices because there is no competitor for them.
By Now pacnet,Sify Cables should have been working by now.
It's Time for the companies like You telecom,MTNL, Railtel,Hathway to Invest.

You're aware of how much these things cost, yeah?